4

"I'm gonna be completely honest with you, I have no idea what all those medical terms were, but I do know you should probably listen to your medical expert's advice."

It was a couple of hours after the whole infirmity incident

It was a couple of hours after the whole infirmity incident. I had been given a standard issue room with not a whole lot to look at. There was the plain bed against the back corner, a small desk with a lamp near the door, and a small chest of drawers on the other end of the wall from the bed. Down the hall we're the communal bathrooms. I look inside the drawers and find a couple of outfits. Nothing too fancy, again, just the standard issue stuff. But I was thankful for them anyway. At that point I would do almost anything to get rid of some of the last things that tied me back to the First Order. Of course, I'll never be able to rid of the memories, but at least I can throw these thermals in the trash.

I take a quick, much needed nap to revive my brain after all that it's been through in the past twenty-four hours. I was now sitting at that desk, contemplating what had happened the night before at the infirmary. Surely Poe was just loopy and he won't remember any of what happened while I was with him before the various nurses and doctors whisked him away for more examining and tests.

I mean, he wasn't that bad to look at. But it was crazy, right? The two of us barely know each other and we definitely have bigger things to to worry about.

There was a knock on my door. I stand up to open it when it is suddenly opened in my face.

"Oh, sorry Della," It was Jessika. "The door was open so I just came in."

"I can see that." I reply. "Can I ask why?"

"The General wants to see you," Jessika leads the way out of my room. "Poe's finally off the medication. They're about to do a debriefing on everything that went down with Poe's mission, so they kinda need you."

"I already told the General everything. Kinda had a breakdown, but I told her all I know. Also, what time is it?" My internal clock was all sorts of messed up after everything that went down over these past twenty-four hours.

"Uh, well, it's likely there's other officials there and they have to hear your side of the story. They also might want to know more about your whole trooper past. And as for the time, it is just about 8 in the morning." I follow Jessika through the halls as she makes so many turns it's impossible I'll ever remember how to get back to my room. Eventually we stop outside a door and Jessika punches a code into a key pad and the door pops open. "And here we are."

I walk in and she follows, closing the door behind us. Inside is a large table, a screen projected up from it, showcasing a map of the lovely planet Jakku. Around the table are lots of people I've never met, which is not surprising seeing as it was technically still my first day here. But amongst them I spot Poe and General Leia talking. I walk over to them.

"Della, welcome." She greets me, gesturing for me to join the conversation. "Perhaps you could help us out."

"Della!" Poe looks surprised to see me which is odd since we had just seen each other at the infirmary. "How are you doing? All your injuries gone? Boy is our med staff the best, huh? They fixed me up real good. I should be back out there in no time."