1

"Do you trust me? I don't think I have a choice."

Have you ever felt like you wasted your life away?

Because I do, and I'm only twenty-three, I think.

Although, I suppose that that may be a lasting effect when you train your entire life to become a mindless mass-murderer. Especially when you didn't want to do this in the first place.

You see, the storm trooper program was created as a way for the First Order to always have fighters. Were disposable. At least, most of us are.

Us troopers usually don't make it back from missions. I mean, they don't always die, sometimes they're badly injured. The First Order never wants to deal with injuries. I'm not even sure we have an infirmary.

And this is all fine by me. If you want to disrespect your army of loyal fighters then go right ahead, who am I to stop you? Unless, of course, I am one of those fighters, though I wouldn't exactly call myself loyal. More so, quiet and alone.

I was inducted into this trooper program when I was eleven. But not willingly. I was taken from my family, from my little sister, and forced to come fight for the opposite of a cause I cared-- care, deeply about.

Honestly it's a miracle I've made it this far alive.

Stormtroopers are notorious for having terrible aim, and I am definitely no exception to that stereotype. But I guess I'm good at dodging?

These are the thoughts that are racing through my head as we head out on a new mission, this time to the sandy, terrible planet of Jakku. This only brings me back into my thoughts. I had grown up on a dusty, maybe sandy planet. I don't remember exactly which one, but I remember it was terrible. The only thing that was actually good was my family.

The transport ship starts it's take off, heading towards the ultimate demise for statistically half of its inhabitants. Unfortunately those numbers never include me, unless it's in the so called 'lucky' half.

I 've thought about it. I'm not going to lie, I definitely have. I don't want to fight for the cause that ripped my family apart. I don't want to fall on the wrong side of history. But the thought of my family keeps me going.

I know that there is a strong chance that they are still out there, fighting on the right side of this war. Thoughts like this make me think of how disappointed they would be if they could see where I was right now. They make me want to defect, but I know that I am not strong enough to do it alone.

I 'm pulled out of my thoughts as we hit a small bump of turbulence, an all to common uccurance on these cheap, thin transports. This is when I realized that the trooper next to me was slightly shaking. Probably a scared newbie. I decide to strike up a conversation with them, just to calm them down, maybe switch up that death statistic a little bit.