5

"The old friends that had been on this planet along with BB-8 were an old man, a giant fur ball, and Finn."

"What's going on?" I ask to no one in particular

"What's going on?" I ask to no one in particular. The meeting had disbanded as soon as Poe had announced that it was about BB-8. I had followed everyone through the halls and somehow back to the hanger that I arrived in. Everyone was moving around, preparing different ships for whatever was happening.

A voice was blaring overhead. Something about pilots and as soon as possible. It was weird. The First Order was never this disorganized. It was all ranks and files. No trooper out of line, and if you were... good luck.

In any case, it was a good chance. It wasn't a bad thing, a sort of organized chaos. To someone who didn't know what was happening, it would appear severely disorganized. However, everyone knew exactly what they were doing. It was a different kind of ranks and files. Instead of remaining in parallel lines, they intersected, never a mistake.

"Whatcha thinking about?" A voice behind me says. I turn to see Jessika, perched on a nearby ladder.

"Just how different everything is here compared to what I've known. It keeps shocking me, but really it shouldn't. They're opposite sides of a war, of course everything is going to be completely different." I say.

Jessika slides off her ladder and walks the few steps over to me. "Is that a bad thing, the differences?"

"Not necessarily. It takes a trained eye to notice how organized this all actually is." I gesture to everything around us. "In some ways, its not too different than the way it was at the First Order."

Jessika sheepishly looks to the ground. "I'm gonna be completely honest with you, I didn't trust you when we first meet. When you opened up to me I realized that you might not be as bad as I thought. It wasn't until you spilled all your First Order facts that I realized I could trust you. Well, that and the fact that Poe obviously trusts you very much, and despite my best instincts, I trust him, so here I am."

"What?" This confuses me. So she trusts me, that's good, one less person I have to worry about winning over. But what does she mean about all this Poe stuff?

"Poe. He called me over to check up on you. He would have done it himself but he's a little busy at the moment. You know, we can't exactly have the Black Leader slacking off on the job."

"Ignoring the fact that I am thoroughly confused by some of the words you just said, why would Poe want to check up on me?"

"You have so much to learn." Someone calls out to Jessika from across the hanger. "Duty calls. Just, think about it all, okay?"

"But, wait! I don't know-" She was to far at this point so my words begun to slow down. "-what to do, ugh." I look around at everyone who knew what they were doing and the feeling of reassurance that Jessika had given me just moments before had dissipated, replaced with a feeling of being out of place, once again.