Chapter 21

"Your heat should be ending soon," Eren said as he nipped at my ear. I shifted on his lap and his cock pushed deeper inside me. I bit into his shoulder to muffle the hoarse moan that erupted from my throat. We'd been knotted together for the past fifteen minutes or so. In this position, his knot was pressed tight against my prostate. The sensation was intense enough to make me hard again, even when I came several times just a short while ago. "You must be exhausted. We've been at it since we woke up. I'll let you rest once my knot goes down."

I shook my head. "D-don't want to rest."

Tomorrow marked a week since we'd come back from our failed expedition out. Although Eren hadn't brought it up in conversation the entire time we'd been holed up in his apartment, I knew he had made arrangements with the others to leave the sanctuary to meet with Mikasa. If I asked him to stay here with me, he would do so without question, but I couldn't do that to him. He'd lost everything in the purge. If he had a chance to get back one of his best friends, then I wouldn't be the one to stop him. So I planned on soaking up every minute I had left with him.

Then I would wait for his return.

Eren cupped my face and directed my gaze to his. I stared into his silver eyes as though I could memorize every detail hidden in those irises. "Something's on your mind," he said.

"It's nothing important."

"Levi, I can tell something is bothering you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and nosed at his scent gland. "Let's talk about it later. When we're not like this."

"Are you sure? We can still talk while—" His words broke off on a gasp. I'd moved my hips back and forth, and kept up the teasing until he put his hands on my hips to stop me. "You're trying to distract me."

"Is it working?" I asked with a knowing grin.

"A little too well."

"Then do something about it." I could feel the swell of his knot going down. I rubbed our throats together, tempting him further. Our mingled scents rose up in the air, dizzying in such an intoxicating way, and I could tell that there was no more teasing required. Eren had started pumping his hips. I let myself get lost in the rhythm of his thrusts.

---

After our energy dried up, Eren couldn't be persuaded to ignore the issue that was bothering me. But instead of initiating conversation while we were still clumsy in bed, he bathed me, dressed me in a pair of boxers and one of his T-shirts, and then carried me out into the living room, where he set me down on the couch before he disappeared into the kitchen. No doubt he was in there making me something to eat. He went out of his way to meet all my needs.

When he came back into the living room some time later with a tray in hand, I released a sigh. It's not that I wanted to keep anything from him. I'd come to trust this alpha more than I was willing to admit. I just knew this subject was a touchy one for me. For the past week, we'd been together almost nonstop, our bodies tangled together under sheets that smelled of our arousal. I hated to admit that the thought of being away from him caused something inside my heart to unhinge. The fact that I couldn't go with him when he went to meet with Mikasa wasn't helping any either.

"I don't have much food left, so I made what I could." He placed the tray down on my lap. There was French toast drizzled in syrup next to a small dish filled with diced melon. "If you want something else, let me know. I'll have Isabel run down to the dining hall."

"This is fine," I said, picking up the fork as he set down a mug of tea on the coffee table. I paused for a moment while he sat down. He hadn't sat next to me like I'd expected him to. Instead he took up a spot on the far end of the couch, almost like he was doing his best to keep some distance between us. "Why are you way over there? Come sit right here." I patted the empty space beside me.