Chapter 21

Sophia and Sirius have been going strong all year. Lily has warmed up to James. Sophia came out as a Potter to the rest of the school. Peter's been getting distant. Marlene's gotten a boyfriend but no one thinks they'll last long. Alice and Frank have been doing good as well. It's been an overall good year. Now it's summer and Sirius is spending it at the Potter's house.

"Hey, Mum!" Sophia says, hugging Euphemia. Sirius smiles at his mother figure. Sophia steps back and the boys hug her next. Sirius steps back and refrains from wrapping his arm around Sophia, not sure if she wants to tell her parents. They all walk out to the car.

"Your father is busy with work and I can't very well apparate all of you, so we'll have to take the car," Euphemia says.

"That's fine," James says as he slides into the backseat. Sophia follows him and Sirius gets in last. Sophia laces their fingers and they smile at each other. James makes a gag me gesture by putting his finger to his mouth. Sophia smacks his leg.

"So, how was school?" Euphemia asks even though all three of them had owled her weekly.

"It was great Mum," James says.

"It was awesome," Sirius says, squeezing Sophia's hand. Sophia returns the favor and nods at their statements.

"That's good. Did anything exciting happen that you didn't owl me about?" Euphemia asks. Sophia, unsure about whether or not Sirius wants to tell her mum about them, speaks up.

"Lily is warming up to James."

"That's great! Took her long enough," Euphemia snorts. Sophia giggles.

Later that night, Sophia and Sirius were talking in her bedroom.

"Is something wrong, Sirius?" Sophia asks.

"No. Why?" he replies. Sophia fiddles with his fingers. Sirius reaches up with his other hand and brushes the hair out of her eyes.

"I dunno. You just seem distant," Sophia murmurs.

"Oh, that. No, I just didn't know if you wanted to tell your mum about us and I didn't want to screw anything up," Sirius admits. Sophia giggles and kisses Sirius' cheek.

"I don't care if Mum knows about us, silly. I thought something was wrong with you!" Sophia says, slapping his arm gently.

"Sorry, love. I won't worry you again!" Sirius exclaims dramatically.

"We both know that's a lie," Sophia snickers pushing Sirius's face away. Sirius pouts at her.

"You two make me sick. Come on. Mum made dinner," James says as he walks into the room.

AN: Hey guys! Hope you like it! Love y'all! Byyyyeee