01

LEVEL ONE : DREAM LAUNCH

THE GARDEN

UNIT : DREAM RUN

> "chenle? did you find something?"

the said male stepped out of the bushes and tossed a gun he had found onto the dirt. he dusted himself off as the rest of the group crowded around him.

"it was behind the tree," he said. "thank me later."

jisung slowly picked up the weapon. chenle watched as he quietly stashed it away.

the eldest of the team awkwardly cleared his throat, "so... how does everyone feel about the game?"

"renjun, you and jaemin were the only ones who've been in one, how do you think we feel?" chenle snapped at him.

renjun was dumbfounded before apologizing. "damn, sorry... just trying to fill the silence. have some confidence though, we might not be the worst."

"hey, did you guys see the last announcement?" their team leader, jeno changed the subject. "the last player arrived. he's part of the vision."

"so we're still gonna be a target?" jisung asked timidly. "because we're the largest team?"

"well, not necessarily," jaemin, jeno's eccentric best friend, had his head up in thought. "there's only a difference of one player. not a big advantage. plus, the numbers will be dropping pretty quickly anyway."

"that's not reassuring..."

"then what am i supposed to tell you? that you'll survive?" jaemin let out a laugh. "sorry to break it to you but we all have a 5% chance of making it out alive. you might have a higher chance if you go into this without thinking too much—or not at all. just like this guy here... right, hyuck?"

"cut it out." donghyuck smacked his shoulder from beside him, earning a glare. "we're not barbarians... let's focus. we have to move."

as if on cue, a horn sounded in the distance, signaling the official beginning of the game. the six made their way through the garden, which was peaceful for the time being. it was silent aside from their footsteps and the running water of the stream, but it wasn't long until someone spoke up.

"just so you guys know, one person is required to die every round," renjun informed them. "i'd assume you all knew but no one knows about the game these days."