14

LEVEL FOURTEEN : CANDLE LIGHT

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE PLAZA

MARK

> he never gave the antidote to yangyang. he hadn't even encountered him after the incident, no matter if it was intentional or not, and he had no intentions to.

it was obvious that yangyang had planned johnny's death. that fact alone made his blood boil with rage, and he found himself with the urge to kill him.

but with his personality, he still had an ounce of foolish hope. johnny's body had yet to deteriorate, and time was running out.

mark was going to get the special item for him.

he leaned back on his arms, palms scraped slightly on the concrete surface of the fountain's edge he sat atop. a light breeze blew by, and through his thin shirt he could feel goosebumps forming.

the memory came back to him sometime later, the one where he was in his shared apartment with johnny. he'd figured out that he also lived with his former teammate jaehyun, and johnny's current surviving teammate, doyoung. the last roommate, he was still unsure of.

the image of johnny's face in his mind made him want to cry again. but knowing the situation he was in, he swallowed back his tears and moved to stand up. he gripped the strap of his backpack tightly.

"the highway," he said to himself with a sigh. he imagined the possible fights that could go down in the location. "maybe i can bring you back..."

deep down he had doubts. after all, he was doing this on impulse and without proper planning. many players could be there, or none at all. he could die, or he won't.

either way, one thing was certain: he wasn't going to sit back and hide anymore.

THE GARDEN

DOYOUNG AND JUNGWOO

> jungwoo received a boost almost immediately after he'd fallen unconscious. what more could be proven about doyoung's suspicions?

hence, as soon as the unfortunate male sat up with eyes wide open in a hurry, doyoung tackled him back to the ground.

he held onto his collar tightly with both hands and roughly pulled towards his face. jungwoo struggled to hold his head up and at the same time tried to pry doyoung's slender fingers off of him, but of course to no avail.

"just who are you!?" doyoung seethed. "you know something don't you? it's not really your first game, huh!?"

jungwoo choked on his words. "i... i-i don't know what you're talking about..."

doyoung didn't say anything but pushed his collar back onto the ground with a hard thud. jungwoo didn't even have the time to wince before the pair of hands were wrapped around his throat. the grip was tight, but not enough to constrict his voice completely.