20

ENDING ROUND

THE MEMORY[ FACILITY ]

THE MEMORY
[ FACILITY ]

DOYOUNG AND JUNGWOO

> doyoung was unable to relax for even a second, as jungwoo had stumbled his way over and forced yangyang's gun into his hands. he held them under his own and pointed the gun towards himself.

"shoot me, doyoung. i'll wake up."

"are you stupid!?" doyoung shouted at him, trying to break out of his grip while being terrified of accidentally pulling the trigger. the effort of raising his voice sent a wave of discomfort around his wound. "what if you don't? what then?"

"then do you wanna die!?"

"i thought we were going to escape together!"

"i never said both of us would make it out. i can't guarantee it."

"t-then..."

then what about yangyang? what if he escaped as well? his own questions were answered when he realized yangyang had his own advantages, but jungwoo was just the average player. there was no way of really knowing they would wake up together until the game ended.

"please, doyoung," jungwoo said faintly. "we have to end this. you have to end this..."

doyoung sighed, trying his best to keep his legs steady. "why does it have to be me?"

"if anyone's gonna die, it shouldn't be you. you don't deserve it. i've been in more games... even yangyang's, twice. i should be dead already."

doyoung tried to remove his grip but was met with a tighter hold. with exasperation, his knees gave out and he was lowering towards the floor, his blood staining jungwoo as he followed. there was static in his vision as his head was propped on jungwoo's lap. still, the gun pointed towards the younger male.

"doyoung... please..."

"just... shoot yourself, then..." doyoung's voice was delicate, as if he wished not to say that. "don't make me do it. please..."

"you know the rules," jungwoo told him with sympathy in his glimmering eyes. "no one can die at their own hands... so go ahead. just get it over with."

"what if you actually die?"

"what if i don't?"

doyoung would've given a bigger reaction if he could. jungwoo sensed this and smiled softly. he didn't realize he was crying until the face he was staring down at was blurred with tears, and he broke his gaze to compose himself.

in his critical state, doyoung could be finished off with a mere kick to the side. or, jungwoo could be shot instead. both would be very quick ways to end the game, but were either of them willing to do it? if not, the game would be more forceful about it.

thinking about this, doyoung gathered the courage to set his finger on the trigger. jungwoo noticed and gave him a reassuring nod.

what if he didn't die?

"jungwoo," he breathed in, slowly. "i'll see you again."

he pulled the trigger.

the sound was deafening. jungwoo slumped over; doyoung had to crane his neck to see his face. the image of jungwoo's head against the bloodied floor, eyes closed and a trail of red running down his forehead—it would forever be engraved in his mind.

doyoung returned to his original position. he focused on the high ceiling, blank and strangely bringing him comfort, perhaps because of the contrast from the quick-paced violence he had witnessed. after losing so much blood, he felt himself finally succumbing to fatigue. and he was glad, because he wouldn't have to wait for death, helpless and lonely.

as doyoung laid beside his friend, he allowed his eyes to close. soon enough, all his senses melted away. everything went blank.

THE 7TH SENSE IS ELIMINATED

DOYOUNG FROM 127 SQUAD IS THE WINNER OF THE GAME !

SAVING PROGRESS . . .

CONTINUE <
RETURN TO MENU