INTERMISSION

PLAYER SELECT

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

PLEASE SELECT A UNIT

UNIT : 127 SQUAD
[ERROR]

UNIT : THE VISION
[ERROR]

UNIT : DREAM RUN
[ERROR]

UNIT : THE 7TH SENSE
[SELECT] <

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

PLEASE SELECT ONE OF THE THE REMAINING PLAYERS

JUNGWOO K.
AGE 22
[SELECT] <

MARK L.
AGE 21
[ERROR]

PLAYER : JUNGWOO
AUGUST 2020

> "what was i gonna do again?" jungwoo wracked his brain for any idea of what his plans were but ultimately came to a dead end.

"don't worry about it, dory," lucas said from the kitchen. he carefully placed banana slices on his toast—his poor excuse for breakfast that day. "i'll run the errands today. just relax."

jungwoo frowned at the nickname. "i told you to stop calling me that. it holds bad memories."

"ah.. sorry, sorry..."

dejun came in from their balcony, his dark-rooted hair dripping and a towel hanging around his neck. he brought jungwoo into a side hug, which looked a little awkward since he was much shorter. "i have a study session to get to. do you mind going out and getting a donut for me?"

"do i really have to go out again?" jungwoo pouted. "i can't stand human interaction anymore."

"come on, i thought you were an extrovert. don't be shy!"

another roommate emerged from one of the bedrooms. he sang with balled fists next to his face, "not shy, not me~"

jungwoo facepalmed. "hendery, you're not helping."

"okay, but aren't you extroverted? at least, that's what it seemed like when we first met."

"i'm an infj," jungwoo said matter-of-factly.

"you did that test last year though," dejun pointed out. "it's 2020. we're new people!"

"if you're so new, then how about you get your own donut?"

dejun sighed as he started to walk away. "i'll give you twenty bucks."

"wait, really!?"

making a u-turn, jungwoo ended up leaving to the nearest bakery.

the employee behind the counter caught his eye. before he approached him, he rehearsed the order a few times in his head.

in a small motion, jungwoo lifted his hand to point at the menu. "hi, uh... can i have a—"

"—small oolong milk tea with 50% sugar and pearls?"

jungwoo's hand was suspended in mid-air as his brain rebooted. "oh... h-how did you know?"

"you've been here about seven times, all with the same order," he smiled. "is that all for today, jungwoo?"

wow, he even remembered his name? "y-yeah..."

after paying, jungwoo found a seat at the window bar, a few seats down from two students gossiping over their syrupy shaved ice. he studied the river in the distance, the sun's warm glaze atop a horizon of soft blue that never ceased movement. sounds blurred out in his head as he took the scene in.

he was so distracted he didn't even notice the person sitting down next to him, and the voice that followed.

"hello."

jungwoo flinched. "oh... hi..." he faintly smiled at the employee, who slid his drink towards him. "um- quick question... did i really come here often?"

"you sound surprised," he replied with a loose laugh. "each time you visited, it seemed like you were ordering for the first time... but you would always get the same drink."

jungwoo couldn't reveal to a complete stranger that he had a mental condition. that would just make it awkward. "yeah, i tend to do that... sometimes..."

there was an awkward pause. jungwoo avoided his eyes and idly tapped the sides of his drink. his mind sifted through memories of growing up; for a second he could almost hear the nicknames, the teasing, the shouting—he almost fell into a dark abyss but was saved by the employee's voice.

"this place isn't so busy. i'm glad you come by often."

"of course," he looked around the bakery behind him, saw the few customers in the well-decorated space. it was quite cozy, not the best for summer weather but he knew it would probably be a big hit in the cold. "i would've expected this place to be more popular... but it's okay. i like that it's not suffocating."

the employee nodded along in agreement, though it was probably out of courtesy. after another pause, he said, "i'm doyoung."

jungwoo told him his own name, then they talked for a while. at some point they even exchanged numbers—but jungwoo didn't remember much before that. he left the bakery with a smile on his face.

it was after he entered his apartment that he realized he forgot to order dejun's donut.

SAVING PROGRESS . . .

CONTINUE <
RETURN TO MENU