17

FINAL STAGES

THE MEMORY[ UNIVERSITY CAMPUS ]

THE MEMORY
[ UNIVERSITY CAMPUS ]

DOYOUNG AND JUNGWOO

> doyoung pulled at the school's doors to learn that they were locked, leaving them no choice but to defend themselves outside.

there was minimal cover, one of them being the line of canopies for what looked like some kind of school festival. a drone had already blown a hole through one, the projectile buried in the dirt of the floral display behind it.

"drones..." doyoung muttered under his breath, hurrying down the entrance stairs to find a place to hide. "how are we supposed to survive drones..."

jungwoo skipped a few steps to match his fast pace. "we can just run like wild."

"and bring attention to us? no thanks."

a drone zipped by, narrowly missing them as they moved to press their backs against the building wall. the gutter served as moderate cover, but the fact that they both had thin frames was enough to help conceal them.

jungwoo flinched when a missile shot through another canopy and into a set of tables and chairs, sending them crashing to the side. being flammable, one of the chairs caught fire.

"where's the next portal?"

"one of the school's entrances is unlocked," doyoung answered. "we just have to find it and enter."

there were multiple entrances, both were fully aware. from what they could see, the university was split into two separate buildings, one of them larger than the other. it had to have five entries at the minimum.

they watched as another drone flew by them, then moved around the building to find the next door.

UNIT : THE VISION

PLAYER : YANGYANG
NOVEMBER 2020

> moon taeil's debut party lining up with his plan of action was purely a coincidence—but a very convenient one at that. most, if not all of yangyang's targets were gathered in one night. capturing them was a walk in the park.

the first he took was lucas, then sicheng. taeil and mark went missing shortly after. in the next month, yangyang managed to convince ten with a fake email from kun's account to meet up at an address. once ten found himself lost on that old road, his car suddenly slowed down to a stop, a concerning amount of smoke emitting from the exhaust pipe. he went to check on it, then yangyang made his move.