02

LEVEL TWO : TIMELESS

THE PLAZA

UNIT : THE 7TH SENSE

> with the trauma of death still fresh in his mind, jungwoo tried his best to console mark.

"this isn't looking too good for us," jaehyun sighed.

"yeah, you think?" sicheng glared as he sat on a stack of tires, bouncing his leg. he was obviously anxious, but they brushed it off knowing he'd act tough and refuse to admit it.

they were in the back alley of a shop now, just twenty minutes after the tragic and sudden event. jaehyun looked up to the cloudy sky, anticipating the giant text.

he didn't even know his name. he was supposed to lead him, and he didn't even know what to call him. jaehyun knew the fallen member wasn't relevant in his real life either, because nothing changed for him emotionally when he died.

LUCAS HAS BEEN SLAIN

> and there it was: looming over him, almost rubbing it in the leader's face. jaehyun's mind drew a blank.

"what are you thinking about?" sicheng asked. jaehyun looked down, part of him feeling guilty for not being hurt. "hm? jaehyun? you look conflicted."

"just... thinking about our next plan." it wasn't exactly a lie. it was the first round and they were already put at a disadvantage.

jungwoo didn't really mind. as he sat next to mark, he thought about where they would stand in a few rounds. they could turn the game around, knowing jaehyun's strength and sicheng's stealth. and of course, they could always disband and turn on each other.

jungwoo shook his head at the sudden thought.
no, you can't think of that... this is your team...

"things are fast-paced, you have to prepare," mark mumbled, catching him off guard. "but are you really thinking of that now?"

"d-did i..." jungwoo stuttered, "did i say that out loud?"

mark didn't answer, only looked at him with an unreadable expression. jungwoo let out a sigh and stood up, grabbing their leader's attention.

"i'm going to reflect on some things. don't look for me, i'll be back." jungwoo didn't give them a chance to speak before he was out of that alley and out on the plaza, the pressure of survival already weighing down on him.