Resolve P8

YOU HATE HER, RIGHT? YOU HATE HER FOR STAYING. YOU HATE HER BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HER. LET'S KILL HER, SHOUTO. LET'S--

"SHUT UP!" Ochako shrieks desperately. Before she can stop herself, she strikes Shouto's left side with her free hand.

Wait. Did I just--

She did. She punched the monster in the face, like an idiot. She doesn't even have time to scream in pain as her flesh hits the fires of hell burning on his face.

The contact burns the skin of her fist, but she knows it's a strong strike, given that she's a trained fighter. And she sees that it stuns both sides of the Prince, most especially the Beast side, whose yellow eye flickers into darkness for the briefest moment. The claw loosens around her burning arm to hold the side of his face.

She inhales sharply through gritted teeth as pain continues to shoot up and down her arm. It must be worth it, though--the fire abates slowly, slowly, and then quietly like nothing happens, all the fires recede beneath the scales, leaving Shouto and his wide eyes staring at her like she's mad.

Well... she probably is. Dabi has told her all about what can happen to an ordinary person trapped in fire. If the heat doesn't kill you, the lack of air will. Either way is painful, and you probably won't be lucky enough for the effects to happen fast or slow enough for you to not feel any sort of pain.

That's exactly what happens to her. Throat burning, eyes tearing, she collapses in front of the Prince and instantly blacks out once again.

She doesn't stay awake enough to feel the soothe of frost and snow falling down the burning hallway, killing all the painful flames away.