EPISODE ONE PART TWO

nate pov :
i was out on a run with my father, the captain.
"nice try, son," he said as he beat me in the race that we had.

"maybe next time," i said as i patted his back and chuckled.

"you seem upbeat this morning," he started. "did you have fun with blair last night?"

"actually, we got into a pretty big fight." we stopped walking and stood in one place.

"oh, you want my advice?apologize, even if it was her fault. flowers, maybe some jewelry if she's really upset. always works for your mom."

"i don't know. i think it might be for the best."

"wait a minute. you guys broke up?" he said getting slightly angry.

"yeah, i guess we did."

"blair is a great girl."

"i know. i'm just not sure if she's the girl for me."

"and you guys have been dating since kindergarten."

"so i keep hearing."

"well you love her, don't you?"

"yes, i do," i then paused for a second. "i just think it might be good for us to take a break, you know?"

"maybe not right now," he then started to walk. "eleanor waldorf is gearing up to take her company public, and i've been courting her for months to let me handle the deal."

"the you should get it," i told him.

"i will get it. if you could just help me out a little bit..." i could tell he was insinuating something so i gave him an odd look. "what? you love her. she loves you. it's just a rough patch, that's all." he continued,  "you don't give up just because things are hard, not in business, or not if your family is depending on you."

brielle pov :
i woke up this morning on the bathroom floor. i barely remember falling asleep. i got up and walked out of my room. i went down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"good morning sunshine," stephanie spoke with a smile on her face to big for my liking.

"oh shut up," i said as i walked past her.

"you know what, i tried being nice from the start. i knew that you would be a privileged little bitch." i turned to face her, "you don't have to love me or even like me but either way i'm becoming your new mommy." i walked towards her and went very close to her face.

"is that all you've got. nice try." just as i said that my father came walking in from the elevator for our apartment.

"oh my love," stephanie said as she ran towards him. "bri and i were just talking and having a nice breakfast together." my dad came and sat next to me at the counter.

"we will be having a family dinner tonight. no ifs, ands or buts about it," he said to me.

"family? there's no family here," i said as i looked at him with no emotion on my face.

"we need to resolve all of our issues," he continued.

"i'm actually i need a rain check, i have the kiss on the lips party tonight. and that reminds me i need to get a dress." i ran back upstairs. i decided to call serena to see if she wanted to get a dress with me because we decided to go together.

"hey serena," i said over the phone.

"oh hey elle."

"i was wondering if you wanted to go get a dress with me for the kiss on the lips party?"