EPISODE TWELVE

on the upper east side,
it's easy to think
that the world
is exactly as it appears —
refined, elegant, imposing
but sometimes, all it takes is a little key
to open the door
to the wild side

brielle pov :

i was drinking and swimming around with blair, katy and is

i was drinking and swimming around with blair, katy and is. i was talking with them when i feel someone come up from behind me.

"nate," i said to him. he wrapped his arms around me. he spun me around so my back was touching his chest.

"i had fun christmas eve," he said to me.

"what happened i don't recall?" he started to kiss my shoulders and down my neck.

"do you want me to remind you?" he turned my back around and kissed me. i kissed him back, i put a hand behind his neck and he pulled me in closer to him.

"get a room!" blair yelled as she splashed us. i look at nate and laughed. i jokingly started to swim away from him and he swam after me.

later that night serena arrived and we were hanging out and drinking a little bit. nate was talking with chuck at the other side of the pool. about ten feet from us two boys were messing around and one of them hit their head and fell into the pool, his head was bleeding. everyone started to run and scream. people were leaving. i saw nate jump into the pool and bring him to the side. i ran over to them and along with a few other people we pulled him out.

"hi. hi. we - we need- we need an ambulance," i said as i called 911. "yeah, a-a kid- he-he hit his head, and - and he fell into the pool. it- it's 719, uh, east 82nd street."

the next day

"thanks to the cell phone that somebody left behind, we've got plenty of evidence of who was at the party. lucky for you, andrew collins is going to be fine,"the headmaster of st.judes said. "unlucky for you, we need to hold someone responsible. ms queller?" a women stood up from her chair.

"hello. i'm ms. queller, the new headmistress at constance. it's unfortunate that we meet under these circumstances. but i look forward to getting to know each and every one of you. i've already talked to your parents... at least, those u could reach, and look forward to reading your personal essays - ten thousand words. describing how you came to be on school property after hours, using alcohol and drugs, where a fellow student almost died. in other words, what the hell is wrong with you? i'll also be conducting one-on-one interviews until i discover who broke into the pool and initiated the party. that person will be expelled. if that person is not identified, then you'll all face expulsion." after that we the group of us walked down the steps connecting both schools.