EPISODE THIRTEEN

what's the difference
between gossip and scandal?
so glad you asked, UES4ever
anyone can commit
a minor indiscretion
and generate
a days worth of buzz,
but in order for gossip
to birth a true scandal,
it requires the right person
to be in the wrong place

brielle pov :

i was at the drugstore near the school getting a pregnancy test. i picked out a bunch of different ones. i brought them up the counter and asked the cashier what she recommended. the ones that she didn't i put back.

take one "it" girl
on a pedestal
add a crowd eager to see her fall
and give them the means
to knock her down

all over the upper east side people were gossiping, wondering if brielle was really with a child

brielle pov :

i stood in the front of the school as people around me pointed and whispered about me. i was waiting for nate, to explain to him that the gg blast was not what it seemed.

"hey mama," a random boy said.

"yes, i'm pregnant and it's yours," i said back to him.

i saw nate and he spotted me.

"before you say anything no, i'm not pregnant," i said to him.

"so you never thought you were pregnant?"

"yeah, it's just for a friend," i looked at my phone. "who i am late to meet."

"see you soon?" nate said and i nodded as i gave him a peck on the lips. i went to go find blair. i saw them on the steps of the met, as i walked up jenny was walking down. "hey, you," i said to her but got no response. i walked over to the group.

"hey guys," i said.

"hey," katy said. everyone was smiling and looking at each other awkwardly.

"i'm not pregnant," i said as i waved my hands around.

"aw, cool," is said.

"congratulations," penelope said to me. she was a new girl in the group.

"celebratory drinks after school?" another girl said.

"yeah, sure," i said. "blair, can i talk to you?"

"of course," she said to me with a smile. i walked down to the bottom of the steps and blair excuses herself.

"did you get me text?" i asked her.

"of course. yes, i did, but i've been-."

"so you know that i told nate i'm not pregnant."

"yes, and i am so happy for you. close call, huh?" blair said as she rubbed my arm.

"are we really gonna play that old game, b.?"

"i have no idea what you are talking about."