EPISODE FIVE

with blair's boyfriend nate
helping to close up the family yacht for the season,
blair is free to focus
on the most important event of the fall —
he annual sleepover,

a tradition since the year 2010,
each one more decadent than the last.

no expense or reputation is spared

with everything from trundle beds to
truffles in place,
all that's missing
are sleepover stars and waldorf bffs
serena van de woodsen and brielle clermont.

brielle pov :
i was sitting with blair and her minions when i heard serena and jenny coming towards us.

"did i hear that right? eric is coming home?" i asked serena.

"perfect timing," blair said.

"how so?" serena asked.

"well, it gives your mother and brother time to bond alone tonight while you get drunk on schnapps and moon the nyu dorms from the limo," blair said.

"blair, what are you talking about?" serena asked.

"s. it's only the most important night of the fall," blair looked at her.

"oh, the sleepover."

"i prefer "soirée". "sleepover" is so sophomore year."

"look, you know i can't go to that. i have that plan."

"serena, when there's a waldorf soirée, there's nothing else on the social calendar," blair said.

"blair, the plan is dan. remember, the guy you realized is actually a human being and worthy of your time and attention? look, i'm really sorry, but this date in unbreakable." blair scoffed. "maybe we can stop by later or something —."

"i'm not a stop along the way. i'm a destination, and if you refuse to attend, i'm going to have to find a replacement." blair looked over to her minions. "girls, the waiting list," she said to them.

"okay. well, uh, i should get going," serena said to us. i got up and followed her.

"don't worry about her, she has me. have fun tonight, call me after," i said to serena.

"thanks bri, love you," she said as she hugged me.

after school i packed to go to blair's sleepover. i got there before anyone so i went up to blair's room.

"hey b," i said as i walked in.

"hey e," she said from the bathroom. "how do i look?" she asked as she walked out. she had on a short dress.

"slutty."

"perfect!" after that it didn't take long for everyone to arrive. we were just waiting for jenny.

i saw her hand her things to dorota.

"jenny," i said as i went up and hugged her. she replied with a simple hey.