5:abhorrent

[ A/N: This chapter will be written in X flashback P.O.V. Also, a warning. This one might get a little violent. ]

SEPTEMBER 2ND.
I DID A REALLY BAD THING, TODAY.

The haze of the sun shone brightly over the playground and X kept close to a tree, his diary in hand as he scribbled things down.. They suddenly slammed the book shut, hearing rustling in the trees.. X frowned in frustration, backing up slightly and glancing into the large tree suspiciously.

The white number hopped from the tree, a soft smile on their face. " You write in that book a lot, X. "

X narrowed her eyes at her. " Ahaha. Yeah. " He'd turn away, and they'd take another step. ".. I saw my name in your book. Do you write about me? "
Nine just grabbed the book out of X's hands, looking at it with a raised brow.
" Oooh! " She opened it up- and X quickly scrambled to snatch the book away- Nine resisted, her hold tight on the spine.. " You write about Four a lot, X. You must really like hi- "
" Nine, please give it back! I-I mean it! " X nervously tapped his feet against the ground.
Nine resisted. " Your handwriting is pretty! Hey, there's Eight's name! .. What does pity mean? "

X's knees wobbled as they reached out for the book again. " PLEASE, Nine. "

Nine laughed at him, holding the book high where he couldn't reach.. " Then come get it, X! Hehehe! "

Fed up, X suddenly grabbed her wrist tightly, digging his nails into her arm.

X doesn't get mad.
Not very often, atleast. Because when you're X, you'd NORMALLY have very little to be mad about.. but. X didn't have Four right now.
He'd suddenly lash out and yell at Nine then, everything he'd bottled up, in his high shrill little voice.

" I WISH YOU'D JUST. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE I WISH YOU WERE DECENT. AT ALL! IT'S LIKE TALKING TO A BRICK WALL, WITH YOU! I'M SO TIRED OF IT, NINE. "

Nine's pupils shrank and she stumbled backward, dropping the book nervously, now on the ground.

" EIGHT GOES ON AND ON ABOUT YOU. HOW IT'S JUST THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND- BUT I JUST- I DON'T HAVE THE PATIENCE FOR IT! " The variable would grab at the sides of their head, clutching their fists.
They felt an untamed amount of power surging through their hands as frustrated tears stung their eyes. Nine stared back, not knowing if they should respond, fear tinging through their expression as they watched power flick and buzz throughout X's fingertips..

X didn't have the power that the numbers had. X- had something.. far more. Far more dangerous. Something they couldn't even control.

And here it was, manifesting in their rage. X, unhinged from their normal self. " I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. "

Nine scooted backward, holding up an arm defensively- " I-I- "

X suddenly SCREAMED, his voice causing the tree to shake,
" JUST SAVE IT. "

" IF YOU WERE GONE, EVERYTHING WOULD JUST BE SO MUCH EASIER. FOR EVERYO- "

And that's when Nine hit him. Right across the face. X went completely silent, his eyes widening as he felt where he'd been hit. Nine breathed hard, stumbling up off the ground..

X, in retaliation lunged at the other, tackling her to the ground. Nine swung at his eyes, punching him over and over- until X suddenly swung up an arm, knocking Nine back against the tree in a full force of power.

Nine tried to yelp and call for help before X was quick to smoosh a hand over her mouth. " Y-YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT.. I'M.. ONLY FIGHTING BACK, RIGHT? THIS.. "

There's a tinge of nervousness in their voice- before Nine, in a struggle kicked them right in the gut.
This didn't quite sit well with X, as they let out a harsh scream, power and electricity being shot out through their hands and being sent through the both of them, it creating a loud crackling sound..

The life had left Nine's eyes as she had slowly slumped down the side of the tree..

It took quite a bit of time for the variable to wake up, a dazed feeling rushing through their head.. Along with pain. And a newfound sense of.. strength? X would glance up, before realizing he was face to face with a dead body.

" Oh. Oh my god. "

Not many words were able to escape him as the fact that HE did that slowly washed over him.. he felt like he was gonna be sick. This can't be real..

Yet, there X was.
. . .

X shakily stood up.. Well, he just couldn't leave it here could he? I-If they find out it was him-

If.
If Four found out it was him.

He trembled. He-  he HAD to hide it. And fast. He'd quickly grab Nine's lifeless body, pulling it slowly to the sidelines of the playground and turning to one of the more secluded bushes..

.. X held onto his arms, after hiding it.

Just because he hated her doesn't mean it had to end like this..
He doesn't even know how it all happened- or how he.. he had that much power. Nor could he possibly explain the strength rushing
through his arms.. Regardless, X had to think about Eight, and Five, and everyone else for a while as he kept trying to wake himself up from this awful, horrible nightmare he was currently living.

After carrying this out, X slowly walked back to where everyone else was, night setting in throughout the sky. Four was the first person to see the shivering, weeping variable.. And they'd quickly rush over to their friend.

" X! Did you forget your value again- "
X just rested their face on Four's chest, whimpering softly. Four blinked, placing a palm against the back of X's head, his voice quieting down.
".. X. Where's.. Nine? "

X replied through teary eyes.
" I don't know. "

___________________________

X closed the diary, shivering intensely.
They tried to push back the sound of her voice in their brain.. now there's only one more thing to figure out.

W-What did he do to Six?