No Harm With Being Cliché

Aside from the suggestion Jon had given Chloé, and after giving their server their order, they sat in silence. 

Jon had been thrilled Chloé had accepted his offer to meet up with him. He had been drawn to her since he saw her, he wasn't completely sure if it was a romantic attraction or if he was simply interested as a friend. All he knew for sure was that he wanted to get to know her. Who she was as a person, what her favorite color was, her hobbies, how she was able to be so calm when she was going to be assaulted? There were so many questions running through the young Kent's mind, but he had no idea how to go about asking. He did not want a repeat of yesterday. 

"S-sooo, H-how do you like Gotham so far?" He awkwardly ask, he sat a bit stiff in his seat.

Chloé was brought to her senses. She looked towards him, nervously tucking a strand of hair behind her ear."I-I've only been here for four days, I haven't really explored the city as much. Aside from yesterday." She frowned a bit, remembering yesterday.

Chloé notice Jon's face shift, he seemed to have felt bad for reminding her of the incident. Before he had time to speak (probably an apology, she guessed) she spoke again. "From the car rides to my mother's.... office, the city is different from Paris'." Chloé wondered if he knew about her family from her last name.

I mean he did say he worked for a Newspaper company, but didn't seemed to be much a fashion trend...follower? The dress shirt didn't look like it was designer, however the jacket looked like a familiar brand, but was way out of season. Not that she was judging (she wasn't the same spoiled brat, she once was. She knew others didn't have it as easy as she did.), he had also said he was an intern, which would most likely mean that he was in college.

"I can imagine, it looks a little... ah...hmmm, dimmer? Compared to Metropolis too. And you said you're from Paris? So it makes sense to feel the difference compare to the place known as the city of lights." 

"Yeah, I thought the same thing." She responded, as the food was brought to them.

The silence was returning, she thought now would be a good time as any to say her apology.

"Uh, Jon?" She timidly called to get his attention.

He hummed as he looked towards her, still with his friendly smile.

"I,.. I'm sorry." She looked to her hands on her lap.

He looked dumbfounded, wondering why she started apologizing. "uh I'm confused. Why are you sudd-.."

"For yesterday, I...... you went out of your way to help me out, even walked me home. And I was.....rude towards you. So, I'm sorry." She held his gaze.

Jon of course didn't take her harsh words, from yesterday to heart. There was something about her, it almost felt like she feared to be seen vulnerable. He didn't know what it was, but also felt like she had a good heart. (Damian might say he was too trusting.) He didn't feel the need to use his super hearing to make sure she wasn't lying. The look in her eyes said it all, but he could also see that they held something else. Like she's been through pain.

"Oh, it's okay." He smiled again, trying to show he hadn't taken her harsh words to heart. "I know they say 'first impressions are everything' but given the situation, I can understand why you would keep you guard up. Instead, how about now it would be like a new start?"