1

A few things to note. 1: this takes place in 2013. 2: yes, some things that I say about 'you'may not be true, but this is a fanfic. If you get past that part it'll be sweet, I promise. 3: I've never been to a concert, nor have I ever met any members of the band, if it bothers you that it's not realistic, stop reading now! 

Your POV:

This was my first concert by myself. I'd had friends take me before, but this time I worked up the courage to go all alone. When my best friend seemed worried about me, I swore that I wouldn't get killed in the mosh, not like the first time... 

But I decided to dress like I was meant to be there. I chose a BMTH shirt to match tight, ripped black jeans and Doc Martins. I put on heavy eyeliner and black eyeshadow, feeling less like myself and more like the myself that I dreamed of being. If I was a rockstar, then this would be what I'd look like all day every day. 

My best friend and I had the same favorite Bring Me The Horizon song, Can You Feel My Heart, and both because she really wanted to see how it sounded live and because she wanted to make sure I wasn't getting completely slaughtered, I promised her I'd record it. 

When I got to the venue, I presented my ticket and was granted access, after getting a wristband that showed I was supposed to be there. The places were always so dark though, I wondered how they could even tell if someone wasn't wearing one without any lights. 

After a while the lights went out completely, the only thing illuminating the stage were stage lights, directed at stage smoke. There was brief intro music, and then Oli walked onto the stage, drawing attention to himself. 

"What the fuck is going on tonight?! " He called out, and was answered by a loud roar from the crowd, including myself.  "Yeah? Well this first one is off our new album. But if you know the words, I want you to sing them with me as loud as you can! Alright? Sing them with me as loud as you fucking can!" He was answered with a roar from the crowd. 

I took out my phone and began recording, knowing already what song it was. I didn't want her to miss even the very introduction of this song. 

Oli POV:

The concert had started off great. I was filled with energy, and the crowd gave me even more. I started off with the beginning song, Can You Feel My Heart. It reminded me of them, of the fans. It was going great, better than great. Until I spotted her. 

There was this girl in the crowd, and while she looked just like every other fan there, I felt a magnetic pull towards her. And just like that I was singing directly at her, eyes locked and everything. I forced myself to walk across the stage and look in the other direction, giving the other side of the crowd attention, but every time I came back, my eyes kept landing on her. 

I tried not to look at her, but as the night went on, I thought about her more and more, unable to stop myself. I hadn't even met her, hadn't even asked for her name, yet I couldn't stop looking at her. And every time I did a song, I locked eyes with her for a good thirty seconds of it, either all at once or separated. I couldn't tell if she'd noticed or not. 

I didn't even know if I sounded okay. I didn't think about the words I was saying, they just came out naturally, my brain on autopilot. I just really, really had to meet that girl after the show. It would kill me if I didn't. 

When the last song, Don't Go, came up, I had directed at least a quarter of the song at her. It was the truth. I really didn't want her to go, no matter what. At first, we'd decided to play this song last because it would kind of be like asking the audience to stay with us for as long as humanly possible, in reality and in spirit. Now it felt like I really didn't want that girl to leave. The song was deep, but now it felt selfish and directed. 

At the end, I sent the crowd off, and walked backstage. Lee eyed me questioningly. "What the hell was that? "

"What are you talking about? "

"You sang half of the concert at one person. You even locked eyes with her. Do you know her? "

"No. I don't know what you're talking about. " I had to get out of here before she went away. I had to meet her. 

"Where are you off to in such a hurry? "

"Got something to take care of. I'll be right back. " I bolted out of the back exit and around to the front, scanning  the mob of people now swarming around me for her. If the magnet trick works like before, I should be able to find her easily. Finally, my eyes landed on familiar heavy eye makeup and (h/c) hair. I pushed through the crowd until I found her opening her car door, texting someone. 

She turned around and jumped so fast she hit her head. 

"Oh shit! Are you okay? " I asked. 

"I should ask you the same question, " She replied, rubbing the back of her head where she'd hit it. "What the hell are you doing here? "

"We locked eyes. "

She nodded slowly, then shook her head. "That was my imagination. "

"No, it was real. I couldn't stop looking at you. I need to know your name. "

She hesitated before deciding that  I wasn't pulling a prank on her. "I'm (y/n)."

Her name was even more beautiful than she was. "(Y/n). Can I have your number, please? Before I get attacked by the mob of fans slowly coming closer to us. "

She held her hand out, and I put my phone I her hand. She quickly filled in her number. I held out my hand for her own phone, which she cautiously obliged to. 

"Thank you. " I took my phone back. "I'll text you later, I promise. Really nice meeting you, (y/n). I can't wait to see you again. " I started walking backwards and then turned around, running through the crowd of fans grabbing at me and screaming at both of us. I heard a car door slam as a very confused fangirl was getting ready to drive off.