7

Your POV: 

I'd given my best friend a few ground rules, the first on the list being to not make a big deal about Oli being there. I didn't want a swarm of fangirls attacking us tonight. I really hoped that she would listen, even buzzed. 

Oli drove us to the bar, and I was greeted my friend's familiar hug and handshake combo. Oli stood there awkwardly. I took the moment to introduce them. "Oli, this is (bff/n). " She stuck her hand out overexcitedly. 

"It's very nice to meet you, " She gushed. 

Oli nodded, returning her grin. This was going better than I'd expected. I just really hoped that she didn't get all defensive over me. As soon as we walked in, we sat down, ordering the first round of drinks. 

"So, why are we being so secretive with each other all of the sudden? " She asked me, nodding towards Oli. 

"I didn't want you holding a grudge against him if it fell through, " I replied, shrugging. 

"You knew that it wouldn't. Things that peculiar don't just fall through." We were served our drinks, and she drained her glass quickly, asking for another. I sipped at mine. Her tone made Oli reach for my hand. I looked at him. 

"It's okay, " I assured him, turning back to my friend. 

"Lesson learned. At least I told you now, before I just up and left you. " 

She nodded slowly, draining her next glass. By now mine was nearing empty. I ordered another. "Right. So are you guys official then? "

I looked to Oli. I'd been dodging the topic deliberately lately, which only seemed to make Oli bring it up more. He sipped at his drink. "I think that you shouldn't pressure it, " He said, reading my mind. 

"You're going on tour with him, and you're not even going to say you're dating?! " She snapped, ordering another drink. 

Oli leaned forward a little. I knew that he was going to get protective. I had to keep them on good terms with each other. "It's too early-" I began, only to be cut off by her. 

"You've been saying that for the last three years! If you're still aching for him then you're crazy! " 

"You're supposed to support my decision unconditionally! " I snapped back. 

"I'm not your mother. I'm your friend. And as your friend, I suggest you stop denying your happiness and just make it official already, "She stood, showing that the conversation was over. 

I stood with her, Oli following suit. He was gripping my hand very tightly at this point. I didn't know how to tell him to not be so protective nicely, so I just ignored it. " So does this mean we haven't made up? " I asked. 

"We're fine. But I don't want your keeping details from me. Call me every day you're on this tour, please. I'll see you when you come back. " 

And with that she left. Oli sat back on the seat. He gestured to the one next to me. "I'm not passing up a perfectly good opportunity. "

"We still have to drive back, " I pointed out. 

"I won't get drunk. You will. " 

"I'm not getting-" But he poured a liquid down my lips when I parted them. "Oli, please. " 

"Just enough to get your tongue loose. " 

"I'll tell you anything you want to know, Oli. " I took another large sip. 

"But you won't, because you don't even know you feel the way you do. You haven't accepted it, so you won't admit it. " He ordered me another drink, something a little bit heavier. 

"That doesn't make any sense. " 

"I know, " He said, handing me the drink. I drained the glass quickly, as it was a really small glass. I looked up at him, and he seemed to sparkle. 

"Your eyes are gorgeous, " I slurred. I wanted to tell myself to shut up, but my head was too fuzzy to let me think about what I was saying. 

"That's what I meant. " He took my hand and lead me out of the bar. 

"Oli? " 

"I'm taking you home. Don't worry, there won't be any pit stops. " 

"Oli I'm barely buzzed. "

"I know. That's why, " he pointed to several bottles of alcohol in his back seat, " I brought these."

He handed me one, telling me to drink at least some of it. "Tell me why you won't admit you love me." 

"Because I got hurt, " I blurted. " I fell in love once, and then I was crushed when it didn't work out. I swore I'd never fall in love again. Never, ever, ever. " I rested my head on his arm. I drank some more of the liquid, wanting its effects to make me forget everything I confessed. 

"I won't be like him, you have to trust me. "

"I need time, " I whined, but then the truth poured out if me. "I need to force myself to fall out love. " 

"Why would you want that? "

"Because you're too perfect. You're too good for me. I don't deserve you. "

Oli moved his arm and put it around my shoulders. "You deserve me and so much more. Stop saying things that make you seem like so little. You're perfect too. " 

I nodded, hearing his words but unable to understand them. "Mhhmm." The bottle was almost completely gone by now. 

"Did I ever tell you how much I wanted to kiss you? " I blurted suddenly, thoughts coming from the very depths of my conscience. 

Oli took the bottle away. "I think that might be enough for tonight. " 

"Mmm, " I moved closer to him in my seat, still restrained by the armrest that divided the seats. 

There was a silence now, which made me feel strange. I wanted to talk to him so badly, but drunken me had made it awkward. 

"I'm sorry, " I slurred. It took me a moment to realize that we had stopped. 

"For what? "

"Saying that. "

Oli said nothing  but instead took my hand and kissed my fingers. He held it, rubbing it as he lead me to my apartment. I then went into my bedroom and collapsed on my bed, Oli following me and standing there awkwardly. I sat up. "This is goodbye then, " I said. 

"No, " He sat down in the bed. He gently ran his fingertips under my chin, and then he kissed me really gently on the lips. "That's goodbye," He said. 

I could feel myself blushing darkly as I fell back onto my bed. "Sweet dreams, (y/n)." He said, leaving the room. 

"Goodnight, Oli. " 

And then there was a loud crash.