19

A/n: it's almost over. Almost. 

Your POV: 

Today was the second to last day of the tour. Oli had just finished performing for almost the final time on Warped, and I was going backstage to meet him. At this point, most people knew that Oli and I were a thing. Which also meant that I could now get to the front of the audience and right backstage without any questions or yells, for the most part. Oli had also told me to wear my BVB shirt, which made no sense to me, I suspected something super amazing was going to happen after the show. 

Oli met me, taking a long drink of water. "C'mon my love. We're going, " He said, lacing our fingers and then running me over to a different stage for the second time this tour. This time I was more prepared though, so when we pushed to almost the front row, I told Oli to keep his head down, and his arms as obscured from  view as possible so that no one would recognize his tattoos. A few people did anyway, but I silenced them politely, telling them not to say anything. 

And then standing there, on the stage was one of my absolute favorite bands. In the flesh. The first song was Knives and Pens. About halfway through the song, my phone buzzed in my pocket like crazy. I couldn't not look at it, because it was worrying the amount of texts that I was getting. All of them were from the same person. 

(Bff/n): I need you

(Bff/n) : it's my-

(Bff/n) : in hospital

(Bff/n) : gonna kill himself

(Bff/n) : I can't do this on my own

(Bff/n) : when are you coming back? 

(Bff/n) : please talk to me

(Bff/n) : it's urgent 

I tugged on Oli's shirt. He looked down at me. "We have to go. Right now, " I said to him. 

"Why? " He asked, looking really worried. 

I showed him the messages and he nodded, pushing through the crowd with me. As soon as we were heading back to the bus, he told me a few things. "I can't leave now, but I'll be back after tomorrow's show, I promise. When we get to the bus, pack your things. Get the fastest plane ticket you can find, to any airport. I'll pay the difference if it's too much. Just get to your friend, " He said. I nodded in response. Before we even got there I was looking at plane tickets. I finally found one for an hour from now. I packed my things, which were already pretty much packed, and then left, kissing Oli goodbye really quickly. 

"I'll let you know as soon as I get off, " I assured him as I was walking out the door. Thankfully, the airport was within walking distance. I ran there as fast as I possibly could, flying through security at record time and jumping into my seat with only minutes to spare. I'm coming. 

Oli POV: 

When we had first come back, Nicholls shot us a questioning look. "I'll tell you later, " I told him. Now it was later. I could still feel her tiny peck on my lips. 

"What's wrong? " He asked me finally. 

"Something with her friend. Someone's in the hospital because he tried to kill himself. I really hope that it ends up okay. I told her to go. When are we supposed to head back? "

"The day after tomorrow I believe was the scheduled day, but you probably want to leave earlier, right? "

"I was thinking maybe within hours of the performance. "

"There's no way you're getting five tickets that quickly, but you might be able to manage one. Go to her, Oliver. We'll be right behind you. " 

"That means the world. " I ran my fingers through my hair. "Why now? Why couldn't it have been tomorrow? " 

Your POV: 

When I finally got through the airport, I took a taxi to the hospital that I was told my friend was at. I texted her that I was on my way, and then I told Oli that I was back home, landed safely. I walked into the hospital, telling the person in the lobby who I was there to see. (A/n: Alright, if you wanna give him a name, pick your friend's boyfriend or something. If not, we'll say that his name is Austin. In the story, I'm calling him Austin.) 

As soon as I walked to the room that I was told Austin was in, I was greeted by a tight, tear- filled hug from my friend. "He's going to have to go to an institution. I don't want him to leave me," She whined. I rubbed her back reassuringly.

"Listen, you're getting yourself so worked up. Just try to calm down. He's going to be okay. I promise. " I loosened my grip on her a little bit. "May I speak to him? "She nodded. 

I walked into the room. Austin's arms were covered in bandages, and his heart was beating as slow as Oli's was when he had passed out. " Austin? " I asked. 

His eyes flicked open, and he saw me. "(Y/n)? It's been a while. "

"I know. But listen to me Austin. You're breaking my best friend out there. Please don't do this." 

Austin's eyes looked so sad though. "I can't. "

"Tell me what's going on. What happened? " 

"I've been cutting since before she and I got together. When we did, I promised myself I'd do it less. When we got engaged, that was it. I had to stop. But I just couldn't. I felt like I wasn't good enough for her because I couldn't get away from my habits. I didn't know what else to do. I just thought..maybe I just wanted to be done. " 

"You're not done yet. She loves you more than you know. She could've helped you. She will help you. You'll break her heart if you left. She'll blame herself, Austin. She is blaming herself. " 

But he closed his eyes again. "Send her in. Alone, please. "