5

Oli POV:

I didn't have a show that night, so I tried going to sleep early, but found myself preoccupied with texting (y/n). 

(Y/n) : never have I ever.. Gotten high

You: you already know that I have... 

(Y/n) : but... U wanted to play and there aren't many things I haven't done.. 

You: you've had sex? 

(Y/n) : that's not what I meant

You: this would be more fun if we were playing in person.. With alcohol

(y/n): you don't wanna see me drunk

You: I think I just might

(Y/n): sure, so I can say something embarrassing that then forget it until you bring it up. 

You: fine then. How long do I haveta wait before u take your guard down? 

(Y/n) : what do u mean? 

You: u act different when talking to her, so much less afraid of saying something stupid

(Y/n) : yeah, bc I can't scare her off

You: u can't scare me off either

(Y/n): I can, and I probably will

You: you won't

There was a long pause, but the message wasn't read, and she didn't respond. 

You: where did u go? 

You: I'll stop nagging u

You: come back

You: pls? 

You: alright  fine, goodnight (y/n) 

I sent the messages over the course of a half an hour before deciding she'd fallen asleep. I guess I needed to fall asleep too. 

The following morning, the first place I went after getting ready was the very address that I'd been given yesterday. I forgot to shoot her a text saying that I was coming, but I hoped that it didn't bother her too much. I knocked lightly on her door, and soon after I heard it unlock. (Y/n) opened it, and then slammed it in my face. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?! " She shouted through the door. 

She'd been wearing an oversized tee shirt and very short shorts. Her hair looked messy, like she hadn't brushed if yet. I probably should've sent her a text. "I'm sorry. I didn't think that-"

She opened the door and let me in. Her apartment was tiny. Cute, but tiny. She pointed to the only couch in the apartment. "Sit, " She ordered. I sat, sinking into the soft gray cusions. "I'll be right back, don't move. " (Y/n) disappeared into the only bedroom and then closed the door. I sat there patiently, and she came out only to disappear into the bathroom. Now she was wearing something similar to what she'd worn to the concert, only with a different tee-shirt. She spent the next ten minutes in the bathroom, and when she'd come out, her eyes had heavy black makeup on and her hair was straightened out. "So where are you taking me? " She asked, putting her shoes on. 

"Uh.. Oh, it's a surprise. "

"Oli... " She whined. I just hoped that nothing fell through, the sky looked pretty dark earlier. But my hopes were futile. A huge crack of thunder rang out, followed by a heavy downpour. She gasped, and slid closer to me. "You might wanna go back. I don't think we can go out today. "

"Then I'll stay here. "

She didn't respond, because her voice was drowned out by another loud crash of thunder. 

"Are you scared? "

She shook her head quickly, blinking rapidly. 

"Sure you're not. " I pretended to stretch and put my arm around her, pulling her even closer to me. 

"Oli? " She asked. I looked at her. "Can you stay until it's over? " 

Your POV: 

I didn't know how to admit it. I didn't know how to say that I felt safer with him there. Every so often there would be a really bad storm, and I never knew how to not be afraid of them when the entire building shook every time there was a thunderbolt strike. So I'd just asked him to stay. 

There was a long silence, which didn't help me forget about the weather. "Can we please talk? " I asked finally. 

"About what? "

"Anything. I don't even care at this point." 

"Okay. Did you ever take lessons, or have you always sang that well? "

"I just sang a lot when I was a kid, and the insane amount of music that I filled my head with when I was a teenager taught me new tricks. "

Oli nodded. "Do you have any tattoos? "

I hesitated. Then shook my head. "No, but I want one. " 

"What's your favorite movie? "

"(F/m). I love it more than anything. " I wanted to ask him a question now. "What do you see in me? "

Oli looked at me for a long moment. "Someone who's scared to come out of their shell, yet so desperate to see the world. And I want to show her the world, holding her hand and leading her on the whole time. " 

I didn't know how to respond to that. What did I see in him? Well, I saw someone who would treat me better than anyone else I'd ended a relationship with ever had.  

Oli was quiet for a moment, and then he remembered that I wanted him to talk. "So how long have you lived here? "

"Ever since I moved out. " 

"Was it cheap? "

"Yeah. It was pretty cheap. I mean, it's not like I have a high-paying job or anything."

The cracks of thunder in the background seemed to fade away as we kept talking, and they faded away so much that I couldn't even tell that it had been growing increasingly worse for the last three hours. Finally, a clap of thunder so loud and close struck that it shook the entire building. Oli stopped talking. "I don't think we can stay in here." 

Oli POV:

I didn't want to scare her, but the building she was living in wasn't stable enough to withstand this storm. When I told her, the fear in her eyes made me regret it. 

"I can't leave, Oli. I can't. " 

The thunder crack knocked out the power. I lead her off the couch and into the center off the room, away from the window. 

"Okay then. We'll stay. But you can't go near any windows. "

"What's gonna happen? "

"I don't know. " I held her close to me, wanting to protect her from whatever was out there. I suddenly didn't regret coming here at all.