6

Your POV: 

We'd stopped talking because our voices couldn't be heard over the loud cracks of thunder without shouting. So Oli just held me really tight. We sat there awkwardly, letting the storm pass overhead. If this was just the worst of it, then it would pass eventually. I kept looking out the window to see if the sky had gotten any less dark. 

When the thunder became slightly quieter and took longer to hear, Oli decided that we could move back to the couch. Unfortunately, the power was still out, so we couldn't do much other than talk. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing either. 

For the next few hours, we talked about pretty much nothing, and then the Sun began peaking out of the clouds. I looked out the window, and then at the clock, which thankfully ran on batteries. It was five in the evening, which made it too late to do much, and most places would probably be closed because of the power outage. "You can go if you'd like, " I told Oli. 

"Why? I haven't taken you anywhere yet. "

"The power's out, we can't go anywhere, Oli. " 

"Then we make the best of it. A night in. "

"You're probably sick of me by now, " I said quietly. 

Oli ran his fingers under my chin, pulling my head back up to face him. He drew his hand back quickly after realizing what he'd done. "I'm not sick of you. I just really wanted to take you out. " He started for the door. "I'll go though, because you've probably got a hundred things that you have to do. " 

I shook my head. 

"Fine then. I'll go because if I don't, then what are you waiting for tomorrow? " 

I chuckled a little bit. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, and I'll send a text before coming over this time. " 

I giggled. "See you Oli. " 

*time skip about a week* 

Oli POV: 

I had to leave for tour in about a week, so I'd decided to invite (y/n) now like I'd promised. I short her a text before going over to her apartment. It had only been a week, but I feel like we'd been together for months. She hadn't declared it official yet, so I wasn't pushing her. But in the back of my head I secretly wondered if it was because if her best friend. 

When I got to the familiar door, I knocked gently, and was greeted with the familiar eyes and smile that I adored so much. She let me in. "Welcome back Oli. What's in store for today? " 

"I'm not taking you anywhere today, but I do have news. " 

"Oh? What is it? " She looked at me curiously. In the week, I'd gotten her to trust me enough to talk to me without hesitation. 

"Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are. Up above the world we see, will you go on tour with me? " I held my hand out to her, which she took after a few moment's thought. 

"Of course I'll go on tour with you, Oli! "

"That's great. It's next week. "

She tilted her head at me as her eyes widened with realization. "You're going on Warped Tour?!"

"We're going on Warped Tour! " I correct her excitedly. 

"Who's going to be on this one? " She asked with excitement. 

I showed her the list on my phone, and her eyes lit up every so often when she saw the name of a band that she must've really liked. "Oli, this is amazing! " She handed my phone back to me. Her face fell with realization in that moment. "I'll have to tell her.. "

"I'm sure that your friend will be happy for you, " I reassured. I still wondered what kind of person would hide so much from their best friend, and be upset when  they had to tell them something. 

"Yeah, I'll have to call her. " (Y/n) disappeared into her room as she broke the news to her friend. Sometimes her voice sounded really happy, but at the end she sounded worried. When she came out of the room, she looked really worried about something. "She wants to meet you. "

"Why is that bad? "

"Because she'll get romantic. " She ran her hands through her hair. 

"Tell her not to be pushy. "

"She's mad at me for not telling about us going out all of the time though, so she invited us out tonight. For a few drinks. " 

"I don't think that someone that's your best friend could be that bad. Why wouldn't you want to see her? "

"Because she has a tendency to lose her head after a few drinks. "

"What are friends for? "

She looked at me for a moment. "I guess you're right. What am I so worried about? It's not like it's my parents or anything like that. " 

I nodded. "I wish you wouldn't be so afraid of scaring me away. I'm not gonna leave you just because your best friend is a little bit extroverted. " 

She chuckled.

"Okay, very extroverted. " 

"And that's why you're the greatest, Oli. " She took my hand and squeezed it. "And you might want to dress like you did back in 2006 tonight. "

"How come? " 

"Because you haven't met my best friend. "