Chapter Six

Kiera is fidgeting beside me as I walk her out, a few hours later; she has been fidgeting since I told her that I need to talk to her a moment ago

Kiera is fidgeting beside me as I walk her out, a few hours later; she has been fidgeting since I told her that I need to talk to her a moment ago. I walk quietly beside her as I close the door to my house behind me wondering how to start the conversation, now that Mum and Grandpa are not here.
So many things that I want to say to her straight away but I know her too well and I know that just because she is back, it does not mean that she is ready to talk yet.

She probably did not even want to see me yet but with what happened back at the house, no matter how small, I know there is a part of her that is moving on and wants to come back, and I cannot let that go, not now, not ever.
Baby Steps!
"So, erm, are you free today?" I hesitatingly ask her as we are almost in the middle of the street now.
She stops right there looking dazed and nervous at the same time.
"What?" She almost whispers facing me.
"Erm, you know, Grandpa asked me to take you to get you a dress for the gala, your present--" I say softly trying to clarify.
She stays silent looking at the floor contemplating a reply.
"It's alright, if you don't want to go. I will tell him you did."
Say no. Please say no.
"No, I'll go," she finally says and I try to cover my too obvious of a smile.
As much as I would like to think that it's because she wants to spend time with me, I know it's because she does not want to disappoint Grandpa. He was the only person she called except for Sarah in these years. I was glad that she had him to help her as was he. He purposely postponed the project announcement and the gala when she told him that she got into Oxford for her Masters and she is inclining towards accepting it and will probably be back soon; he finally felt that things will go back to normal.

As normal as they can now.
I didn't sleep the night he told me that she might be coming back, not that I sleep much these days anyway. I remember punching the heavy bag as I was today trying to comprehend the news, only it was Seth cleaning my wounds last time.
I unconsciously smile as I slightly graze my bandage remembering her hazel orbs with worry in them for me, how the past did not matter for those few seconds, it was just us, only me and her. Still smiling slightly, I look at her to find her fidgeting with her phone even more now, looking more uncomfortable.

"You can ask Sharon and Seth to come with us if you want," I close my eyes in self-disappointment momentarily as the words fell out of mouth.
Are you mental or just plain dumb?
"Yes, I'll ask them," she says instantly with slight relief on her face now.
FUCK.
"Mhmm"
"Erm, when do you want to leave?" I continue.
"Erm, It's noon right now. Can we leave in two hours?" She says hesitantly.
"Perfect, I need to run an errand for Pops anyway so I'll message you when I am here."
"Erm, okay. I'll see you then." She says without looking at me as she walks without waiting for me to reply.

" She says without looking at me as she walks without waiting for me to reply