Chapter Nine

I wake up next morning with a slight hangover and the conversation with Liam playing in my head

Drunk me is weirdly bold.I am glad I was a little tipsy because I wouldn't have said what I said otherwise.
There is so much more left though.But this is a start.
I try to push away these bouncing thoughts as I blush and reach for the phone filled with an uncertain expectation.

No New Messages.

Suddenly, my mood drops.
He didn't have to message me.
He used to before.
Things have changed.
Why am I disappointed then? I am the one who suggested one step at a time. He is not even awake probably.
Feeling my headache getting worse as I play last night's conversation over and over again in my head, I message Sharon asking her if she is free hoping that I will be calmer after I discuss this with her. Fortunately, she had a free day, so we agree to meet at the mall because 'I needed help shopping'.

"Okay, first of all, you can't say that we are going shopping when we are clearly meeting because you had this huge bomb to drop. I need to be prepared." Sharon says after I complete narrating her events of last night as we are sitting in The Bistro.

"W-what no! I needed help for shopping. We bought so much stuff. It just happens to be the day after Liam and I had our, erm our.."

"Yes, darling, your what?" Sharon says taunting me.

"Okay, fine. I am completely freaking out. I don't know how I survived the past three years without calling you. I don't know where we go from here."

"Okay, you have got to relax. Isn't what happened last night good?"

"I don't know. It felt nice but what if we are just taking things too quickly without assessing them?"

"Oh my God! Seriously, too quickly? Yeah, you have been taking things too quickly for the past, what 12 years, now" Sharon says sarcastically.

"Hey, you don't have to mean about it."

"Okay look. You are right, not on the too quick part but on the assessing everything part. You guys have suffered so much together and you need closure before you can move on. But isn't that what yesterday was? Your heart is telling you to come back and just be and things will eventually start sorting themselves out. It will take time and after what you have told me, yesterday was the perfect start for that. SO, what's stopping you?"

"You're right. I guess I just needed to hear it for someone else."

"So, why are you still tapping you knees on the table."

"It's just, erm , you know, nothing.."

"C'mon, out with it."

"Well, I thought that we are taking a step too and it's not like he has to but, you know, he hasn't texted me since last night like at all, at all; You know how he was like before. I mean I don't know what's going in his head right now and it's not like I am expecting it to be like the old times but it's Liam and--"