Chapter Eight

I open the door at around five in the evening on Sunday to find Sharon standing excitedly with a lot of stuff in her hand

"Thank God, you are here," I say with a sigh a relief as she comes in.
"I know. I am so excited to get dressed and all. I feel scrubs are all that suits me now. Show me the ravenous dress I have been hearing about now," she says swaying her shoulders excitedly.
"C'mon upstairs!"
Seth and Liam are supposed to be here by seven o'clock, giving Sharon and me two hours to get ready; not a lot of time between the two of us because we spend most of it just chatting away.
"Oh! I want to hear all about yesterday," Sharon says as we reach the room.
"What about it? Liam just took me shopping, only because Pops asked him to," I say now paying too much attention to the dress avoiding eye contact with Sharon.
"For some reason, I find that hard believe," Sharon smirks as she unzip the cover bag for the gown.

Almost two hours later, when we are almost ready, the doorbell rings.
Right on time!
My cheeks are flushed and I am suddenly excited to see Liam's expression when he sees the dress.
When he sees ME.

God! How does he still make me feel like a high school girl?
"That must be Liam and Seth. I'll go get it," I say as I go downstairs to open the door.
"Make sure you give Liam enough time to swoon over you," she says as I close the door behind mumbling a shut up.
I open the door excited and nervous in anticipation only to find a sympathetic Seth looking at me apologetically with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.
"Liam had to leave urgently to look over some minor details before the announcement tonight. He sent this though," he answers my puzzled face, handing me the bouquet before I could even question him.
"Erm, yeah...okay, cool, it's fine," I say pretending to be casual about the disappointment that has hit me right now.
"You are looking stunning, by the way."
"Thanks"Seth looks around to find Sharon who is now walking down the stairs.
"Hey beautiful!" he says holding her hand to bring her closer to him.
"God! You are so corny" she replies as she kisses him.
I let them be as I look over the flowers to find a small note.

See you soon!' it says making me smile involuntarily.

We reach the Hillsborough Castle at somewhere around eight.
As we enter the ballroom, I am instantly awestruck with preparation. All the dinner tables are meticulously designed, almost as if for a royal event. The long dinner tables lead into the dance floor that separated it from the stage, which I am assuming is for the project announcement today. I try to subtly glance over the entire area to catch a glimpse of Liam.
As I fail to find him, I look at Sharon who is looking at me smirking, "I think he is in the conference room going over the final details, though I am sure he won't want to leave when he sees you in this dress," Sharon whispers as she goes to where Mum and Sam are sitting.
Embarrassed at being caught, I try to keep my cheeks from going red as I follow her.
We settle down at their table as they both compliment Sharon and me for our dresses.

"I just hope everything goes well," Sam says, anxiety visible on her face. Mum tries to assure her as the host comes on the stage, asking everyone to hold their glasses of champagne as they are ready to begin.
In a while, I see Pops and Liam on the stage and Sam goes on to join them.