Winter Formal-Chapter Eight

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

Zach came over to the table with both our coffee's.

We sat by the window, to keep us warm by the sun that shines through it.

I took a sip of the hot coffee Zach had just placed in front of me, careful not to burn my tongue.

There was nothing like a Monet's hot drink after a shitty day at school.

Zach groaned, reading a flyer on the table. 'The career day is coming up soon.'

I arched my brow. 'The what?'

'It's a day where Universities come to the school and display programs they have to offer.' He told me as he took a sip of his coffee.

'What are you interested in?'

Zach chuckled at this. 'Well my mum pushes this whole jock thing on me.' His smile slowly disappeared. 'I actually want to become a marine biologist.'

I liked the idea of him becoming this. 'So that's why you're so into Biology. And terribly good.'

We both took a sip of our drinks.

'What about you?' He asked me.

'I think I want to be a teacher, but i'm really not sure.'

Zach nodded. 'Yeah it's hard to make decisions like this at such a young age.'

We continued chatting about school and life aspirations when the question hit.

'I was wondering if you wanted to go to winter formal with me?' Zach asked quickly, like he just wanted to get it off his chest.

Oh shit.

I would love to go to the formal with him, but I was going with Monty.

'Oh... Monty already asked me and I said i'd go with him.'

Zach frowned. 'Oh, yeah, totally. He is your boyfriend and all.'

My phone buzzed.

Dad: Dinner will be ready soon

'I have to go.' I announced sadly and shrugged on my jacket. 'But i'll remember to save you a dance.'

'You're on.' Zach called out as I hurried out of Monet's.

The school break before Winter Formal, I barely spoke to Zach.
Infact I barely even saw Monty that break either and if I did all we would do is have sex.

But it wasn't the making love kind of sex, it was the type of sex you would have, just to say "hey we had sex"

I was glad I had Jessica and the rest of the cheer girls to spend time with over the break, otherwise I would've gone insane.

Before I knew it the annual back to school winter formal was here. I put on a knee length silk red dress, with matching shoes.

I curled my hair loosely and put in a red clip.

As I adjusted it in my hair the door bell rang and I rushed down stairs making sure I would open it and not my dad.

Monty was standing there in a tuxedo, wearing his usual smirk.
'You look good.'

I giggled. 'So do you.'

Monty then wrapped a white rose corsage around my wrist once he had come inside.

Dad didn't really talk to Monty, however Monty didn't really bother to make conversation with him either.

Dad took some photos of Monty and I before he drove us to the Liberty High Formal.