Hannah Baker-Chapter Fifteen

Hannah's POV
I sat in Monet's with my journal, writing down the names of people who had done wrong by me.

'Hey Hannah.' A voice said and I quickly shut my note book, looking up seeing Clair.

She gave me a big toothy grin, flashing her white teeth. She had a smile like the sun shining through the clouds on a rainy day.

I smiled back, but it hurt to smile. Like my mouth was cracked at the sides. 'Hey Clair.'

'What are you doing?'

I was shocked that she even cared what I was doing.
'Oh just a bit of last minute notes.' I told her, clearly lying.

But Clair brushed it off.

'Actually, I have something to say to you.' She announced. 'I wanted to apologise for the way I treated you.'

These words sounded like honey.

'Don't worry about it.' I reassured her. 'Did you want to sit down?'

I gestured to the empty seat across from me.

'Actually-' She begun, but was cut off by Zach walking up behind her holding too hot chocolates.

He was shocked to see I was the person Clair was talking to, I could tell by his widened eyes.

'Maybe next time.' Clair suggested and with that same smile, her and Zach headed over to a table about three spots away from me.

I watched as they sat, leaning over there table and talking closely, practically undressing each other with their eyes.

I went to scratch Clair's name out from the list, I felt maybe she didn't belong there.

After all she was just so nice to me.

But then I stopped and put down the pen. Clair deserves to be there, people deserved to see her for her true colours.

Not the fake mask she puts on to everyone else.

I could hear the two of them talking but they were sitting too far away for me to here them.

I looked up seeing Zach doing that spoon trick he showed me at the diner after Marcus assaulted me. Clair giggled at his trick and picked up her own spoon, placing it on her nose and copying him.

Old me would've been upset seeing them be together, just like I was with Jessica and Justin.

But, by this point I was numb.

I picked up my journal and walked out of Monet's for the last time.

Clair's POV
I don't know how we got like this after a simple trip to Monet's for some hot chocolate.

But we were now topless, in Zach's bedroom as he pushed me onto the bed.

I smiled watching as he took off his own shirt and then came on top of me.

He kissed me softly and as he did so he intertwined our hands together.

Zach then began trailing his kisses down my neck, to my stomach and stopped when he hit the material of my skirt.

He removed my skirt and threw it onto the floor.

He then started kissing the inside of my thigh, causing my breath to hitch.

He looked up at me seeing if I was ready and I nodded eagerly, at this point I wanted him so badly.

He pulled off my panties and stripped himself down.

I bit my lip trying to contain my excitement as he put on his protection.

Zach then climbed back on top of me, propping himself into a perfect position, which took a moment to find as he was so much taller than me.

Once he found it I gasped at the feeling.

As he began picking up rhythm, I grabbed onto his back, then scratching my nails down it.

I could feel Zach's hot breath quicken as his pace got faster.

I moaned into his ear softly and moved my lips onto his neck, nibbling and sucking different spots.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Zach began tracing circles on my back as I lied under his arm, pressed against his bare sweaty chest.

His body heat was keeping my naked body warm.

'So am I your girlfriend now?' I hummed, breathing softly against his body.

'Do you want to be my girlfriend?'

'Well yeah I do.'

I could feel Zach's heart beat pounding against my ear and it made my own heart beat quicken.

'Then I guess you are.' He said and kissed me on the forehead gently.

I grabbed his free hand and kissed the ends of his fingers and intertwined our hands together.

Life felt like it was finally working out.

And this moment couldn't of been anymore perfect.

But perfect things never last. It's just the way life goes.

If things were always perfect, we would never be able to appreciate the good things in life.

We would take it for granted, just like how we sometimes take for granted good people in this world.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Remember how I said we take people for granted.

Well Hannah Baker was found in her bathtub, dead, after committing suicide.

You'd think it would be a big thing that people would talk about.

But no one did.

Everyone kept silent.

One night walking home from Zach's house, after having dinner with him and his mum my life changed forever.

As I stepped onto my front porch I saw at the door way a little box labeled:
From Hannah
To Clair

I looked around my front yard, seeing if maybe someone was playing a sick joke on me.

But no one was there.

I picked the box up and took it upstairs into my bedroom.

I opened the box up, revealing a bunch of tapes inside, labelled with numbers.

Like I said my house was like a man cave and man caves always hold useless stuff.

Which meant my dad still had an old boom box to play the tapes in, I put the 'number one' tape in first and pressed play.

"Hey, it's me. Hannah, Hannah Baker. Live and in stereo..."

'Holy shit.' I breathed and turned down the volume so my dad wouldn't hear it.

That night I stayed up, not getting any sleep.

Listening to the tapes.

And my own.