Secrets-Chapter Eighteen

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

It was dress up day at school and I went as a mermaid, to fit with Zach, Bryce and Alex who went as scuba divers.

As we walked down the hall together in a group Clay came up to us. 'Hey Clay.' I greeted with a smile.

'Yeah hi Clair.' He said bluntly.

What was up his ass?

'Good job yesterday.' Bryce said to Clay with a smile.

Zach scoffed. 'For a pussy.'

Bryce then turned around and pushed Bryce. 'Hey fuck you Dempsey you threw up on three wine coolers last weekend.'

'Yeah because they were strawberry. I'm allergic.' Said Zach and I put my hand over my mouth trying to cover my laugh.

'I'm having a party tonight.' Bryce told Clay. 'Alex will be there you should come.'

Clay didn't seem interested. 'I'll think about it.'

'What you got something better to do?'

'How about French? I'm helping you with that assignment, remember?' Tony said to Clay as the boys put on their masks.

'You boys look so ridiculous.' I giggled pointing at them all.

'We will see about that.' Zach chuckled and threw me over his shoulder as we walked away.

'Put me down!' I cried out while laughing, but it was no use.

'Think about it Jensen.' Bryce called to Clay as we walked towards our class.

Jess and Justin won best dressed at the assembly that day, Which Zach and Bryce took massive offence to.

Alex and I just shrugged it off, laughing at the big deal Zach and Bryce made out of it.

They reminded me of a pair of over grown toddlers.

Over the next few weeks of school everything started to go down hill.
Courtney,Marcus,Justin,Jess,Zach,Alex and I formed a group together due to Clays behaviour.

Clay had started freaking out, threatening certain people about what they did on the tapes.

He even sent around photos of Tyler naked around the school, to get back at him for taking photos of Hannah and Courtney.

He even took Courtney to see Hannah's grave.

Everyone was on edge at the moment, especially when around Clay.

Tonight was the first basketball game of the season and everyone was excited we could just focus on the game and forget about all this shit.

Unfortunately, Clay came to the game and everyone went back to being on edge again.

Clay began to walk onto the court.
'Get off the court.' The coach yelled at him.

Sherri and I looked at him nervously. 'Clay you okay?' She asked as he walked past us.

'Like you care.' He hissed and continued walking past us.

I nibbled on my bottom lip, I couldn't help but feel bad for the poor kid. He was clearly hurting bad over her death.

Our gym teacher came over to us with her clipboard. 'Where the hells Jessica?' She asked impatiently.

'She texted me she was babysitting her brothers and had to wait till her mum got home to leave.' I lied and Sherri nodded, backing me up.