27.Shie Hassaikai

Both Deku and Mirio were surprised when they saw him walking up. Mirio only knew him as the person that Night Eye was investigating, but Deku knew him better from his time with the League, more specifically when he went out for his job.

"Dang, I'm glad I have a mask," Deku thought. "There's no telling whether or not he knows my face but if he did then things would be pretty bad."

"Shame on you for causing trouble for these nice heroes," Chisaki said. "Let's go home Eri. I'm sorry for any trouble that my daughter may have caused you. She tends to get overly excited when playing and gets hurt."

"We're the ones who should apologize," Mirio told him. "By the way, that's a fabulous mask. I'm guessing you're with the hassaikai."

"Oh don't mind the mask, I'm just sensitive to the dirt and grime. I've never seen you two before, are you two new to the hero business."

While the two chatted, Deku knelt in front of Eri who started to tightly grip his clothes. Deku noticed bandages covering her arms and legs, and a terrified expression on her face. Considering these things and the type of man that he knew Chisaki to be, Deku began to come up with an idea of what was happening.

"Well, we best get back to patrolling," Mirio said. "Come on partner, we have to cover this neighborhood before lunch."

Eri's grip on Deku tightened. "Don't… go."

"Your daughter seems pretty scared," Deku said. "And she seems pretty hurt judging from these bandages. Definitely not something that happens when you're just playing around."

"I just scolded her, and as for the bandages. She falls down a lot."

"Sir for a girl her age to be trembling this much doesn't seem normal."

"What are you doing," Mirio wondered. "Stop or he'll get suspicious."

"Do not presume to know what is normal for other households."

"Bull. What are you doing to this girl?" At this point Deku could feel himself getting angry. He knew that Chisaki was doing something to this girl, he just didn't know what.

"It makes sense that a hero would be sensitive to such subtleties. Fine then I'll tell you, but not here." Chisaki turned and began walking into the alleyway. "It's a bit embarrassing really, I don't want people to hear us."

Mirio began to walk forward but Deku put his hand on his shoulder, stopping him before whispering into his ear. He then let go and walked forward without him. "Hey man I'll take care of this. You just finish patrolling because if we don't finish in time we'll be yelled at regardless of our excuse." With Eri still holding on to him, Deku walked into the alley.

After going in a few feet Chisaki stopped walking. "You know, I've been concerned about Eri lately. No matter what I say she just seems to fight back. Raising children can just be so difficult." Chisaki began to tug off his gloves and looked over his shoulder at Deku.

Chisaki sent out a wave of murderous intent, and when she felt this Eri let go Deku and started forward but Deku grabbed her. "Sir, I can feel your bloodlust from here. I must ask you to stop or it'll be seen as an act of aggression and I may be forced to act. As for you Eri, don't worry. It's a hero's job to protect people not the other way around, so you don't have to go back just to make him stop." Chisaki walked towards Deku and lifted his hand. "So then, what exactly are you doing to this girl? Though I think that I have a good idea." Then Deku felt his phone buzz in his pants and decided to switch gears. "Well since I can't prove anything right now I'll have to return Eri to you, but I will be asking the police to investigate this further, so please be prepared for a visit." Deku let go of Eri and began walking out of the alleyway. He could hear as Chisaki and Eri began walking in the other direction. When he got out he slammed his fist into the wall and turned towards Night Eye and Bubble Girl. "You better have been able to use your quirk on that bastard. In order to help your investigation, I just gave that poor little girl back to that monster."