45.The Plan

Screams, shouts, and jeers filled the air, as he panted in pain and exhaustion. He looked up, barely able to stand, and looked at the person in front of them on the ground. They were a man in his late twenties who was bruised and bloody, shirtless and his pants ripped and tattered. The man looked up at him, no words were able to come out but his eyes begged for him to stop, and while he wanted to he couldn't. He waved a hand in front of him and watched the light fade from the man's eyes as his neck was cut, separating head and body.

Taigen shot up in bed, panting and clutching his bare chest. He looked down at his body, many scars scattered across it, serving to help remind him that the nightmare that he lived through really did happen, as well as the muscles he had built up to survive. "It's been a while since I've had a nightmare like that."

"Yeah, and I thought I would finally get to without being woken up by one of your panicked attacks."

Taigen looked across the room to see Sadao sitting up in his own bed. He lived with both Sadao and his other two close friends, it had been that way ever since they had left their previous homes and lives for their new ones. He got up and left the room, heading towards the kitchen. As soon as he did a slipper was thrown at his face but he caught it before it could hit him, and looked at who had thrown it.

"What was that for Ai? I've just woken up so what could I have done already?"

Ai walked up to him wearing a tank top and black shorts, as well as her remaining slipper, a spatula in her right hand. "Because, today it was your turn to make breakfast, yet you slept in. And then you always come out like this. Now get back in your room and put some clothes on." She took a furious swipe at Taigen's head but he ducked while dropping her slipper at her feet.

He then looked down at what he was wearing. "What are you talking about? Can't you see these pajamas I'm wearing. Besides you shouldn't hit people with a cooking utensil while you're still cooking, it's unsanitary." Ai took another swipe but this time he caught the spatula and took it out of her hands. "I really don't see what you're complaining about, it may have some scars but all da ladies love this sweet bod of mine." He then walked off towards the stove and turned it on, not noticing that AI had started blushing slightly. "Man why are you complaining about me not cooking, you haven't even turned the stove or anything else on. Besides you could have woken me up, I would have preferred to not relive that place again," he said, muttering the last bit.

"Yeah, then maybe he wouldn't have woken me up. Now hurry up, I'm hungry," Sadao complained as he sat down at the dining table in the next room.

"Shut up will you, I just got started. Besides you know you're going to have to wait, after all it's ladies first."

"No it should be me first, you know I'm a slut for food. And besides, what ladies. There's you, the idiot with some slight PTSD, me the not so good doctor, a frightening demon in the form of a little girl, and that crackhead over there. Both of those last two being able to seem nice and innocent one second, and something from a horror story the next."

Sadao suddenly felt two hands grab his shoulders and turned around to see Ai as well as Maria who had woken up, both of them with a strained smile. And it was at that moment, Sadao knew, he gone fucked up.

"So who're you calling a crackhead?"

"And who do you think you're calling short?"

Taigen came in and placed two plates with a rolled omelet one each along with a side of bacon.

"Hey, are you trying to do some naked apron crap," Maria asked while still gripping Sadao's shoulders. "If so, then you're only half done. You still have to lose the bottom half."