OLD 2. The talk

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Kris woke up after five minutes laying on the ground, her vision was foggy and she had a little headache. Tear runed down her cheek. She looked up on the ceiling. Suddenly the room filled with painful laughter. Kris started to choke on her own laughter. After some time she calmed herself and just laid there.

"They left me..." She laughed.

"They didn't even cared about me... " Kris sat up crying into her hands.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Are you sure she's here?" Asked a girls voice.

"Of course, she's always here." The two girls walked into the laboratory. Looking for the redhead. She didn't show up at home last night, everyone was worrying about her.

"Kris! Are you in here?!"

"It's Keira and Catalina!" Suddenly they heard sobbing. The girls rushed to the sound where they found Kris crying on the ground.

"Kris, what's wrong?" Asked Catalina, now on Kris's side. Kris hugged her, crying into her shoulder. Catalina patted her back in a comforting way. "It's okay krissy."

"C'mon Kris, everyone's been looking for you!" Spoke Keira, taking Kris by her hand and leading her back home. "L-Let me go! Keira!" Kris yelled at her, tried to wiggle out of her grasp but eventually gave up. "Keira that wasn't very nice.." Catalina whispered to her sister. "She's going to be better when she sees it!"

"Girls this is not funny..." Said Kris rather annoyed that sad. She noticed that Keira was dragging her to the castle, they stopped in front of the throne room. "What are we doing here?"

"You'll see..." Said Keira with a smirk and opened the door.

"SURPRISE!!!!" Kris looked around in confusion, there were decorations all around, some balloons floating, and a huge cak- 'wait, wait... it's my birthday?...ho-'

"What's wrong Kris.." Asked the queen. "Aww...she doesn't like it.." The queen pouted.

"N-no, it's n-not like that, y-your majesty, but what...exactly...are we celebrating...?" Kris asked the queen, it definitely wasn't her birthday.

"Well..it's..just for fun! You've been so down lately, I just wanted to make you smile!" Said Rapunzel with a 'smile' on her face. 'Well...that was unexpected..' Kris smiled at the queen. An awkward smile. "Well, thank you, your highness but I'm okay, you really didn't have to." The teen tried to keep up her smile. This is where the war starts... "Oh. But I wanted to! What are friends for!" 'I think she knows....' Rapunzel still smiled, the tension becoming stronger between those two. 'Shit, she knows that I know.' Kris's smile grew wider. "Well, thank you so much, Your majesty! I really appreciate it!"

"Okay! Let's get this party started!" Rapunzel yelled trying to avoid another awkward talk.

"I'm going to head over to that deliciously smelling punch that's over there...right now.." And with that Kris was off. Rapunzel stood there waving to the girl, even though she didn't see her.

"Sunshine, why didn't you tell her?" Eugene asked walking to the brunette and resting a hand on her shoulder. "It- It's hard Eugene...and I think she already knows..." The queen looked down at her bare feet. "Rapunzel you need to tell her...look..I know it's hard, but you need to tell her, for her own good, who knows, maybe Varian will never come back."

"But that's why it's so hard..." Rapunzel pulled her hands to her chest. "She already knows anyway." Eugene held his lovers hands gently. "That's why she needs you to tell her..." He smiled at Rapunzel. "Thank you Eugene" She smiled back. "I'll tell her after the party.." She looked in Kris's direction seeing her with the Schnitz family. "It'll be better that way."