A rocky start

Kris looked up to the grey sky. Even though her vision was blurry she knew it was starting to rain. The pain in her head made her numb, her thoughts were silenced out by the loud ringing in her ears. A line of blood was rolling down her forehead. She tried to catch her breath but she was still in shock from the fall. Her little body was paralyzed, on the muddy ground. Slowly raindrops started to fall around her. The water mixed with the fresh blood from her head. Kris couldn't think and her mind slowly started to drift away.

"Kris!" The voice was muted out by the loud ringing in her ears.
.
.
.
"Kris!!"

Kris' opened her eyes, but quickly shut them when strong light hit her face. After a while of blinking she could see a person in front of her.

"C-cass?" Cassandra smiled at the young girl and ruffled her hair. "Yea, I'm here." She said softly. Kris could feel a bandage around her neck and something started sniffing at her face. Amber. The little fox licked Kris' freckled cheeks. Kris sat up and petted the little creature. 

"Kris! Thank god you're alright!" The queen smiled at her and gave her a hug. Kris happily returned it. "We were so worried! Amber came for us. What were you doing? " Rapunzel held Kris' shoulders and Cass' looked at the teen with serious eyes.

"I-I wanted to help you guys. I couldn't just sit there and do nothing!" She looked at the both of them. "Kris you've gotten yourself hurt! This was really dangerous!" Cass scolded the girl. But Rapunzel put a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

"Kris, I understand that you just wanted to help. " Rapunzel gently held the girls hands. "But this was really dangerous. You got yourself hurt." Kris couldn't look at the queen. Raps could sense the girls regret. Rapunzel lifted Kris' head to look at her. "I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something worse happened to you." 

"I'm sorry Rapunzel... " Kris buried her head in the queens chest for comfort and Rapunzel petted her head in reassurance. "It's okay." Kris pulled away after a while and looked Rapunzel in the eyes. They smiled at each other but then heard a cough.

"I'm here too y'know. "
Cass looked at them annoyingly, then came closer and hugged the girls. "I've missed you Cass." Kris said burying herself in their arms.

"I've missed you too." Cass smiled and then smiled at Rapunzel. 
"Happy birthday kid." She ruffled Kris' hair and she giggled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Everyone was enjoying the party, people were chatting, eating or playing games. Kris was just chatting with Keira about random stuff, when she noticed Cass going outside. "Kris! Are you even listening?!" Keira waved her hand in front of the girls face, trying to get her attention. "Sorry Keira, um...I've got to go somewhere, okay?" She pointed in the direction where she was going and then ran after Cass.

Once she got outside she didn't see her, so she looked around and saw her going to the stables. The night sky was beautiful, the moon shone onto the castle creating a magical glow, and the stars were breathtaking, the way they shone all night made Kris feel wonderfully beautiful, Kris ran up to her and grabbed her hand. Cassandra turned around prepared to pull out her sword. "Cass! It's me!" Kris yelled shielding her face with her hands. Cass sighed and took her hand off her sword. "You're not gonna spend the night here?" Kris asked as she followed her to the stables. "No I need to take care of something." She replied. "Oh." Kris looked to the ground. "And did you hear from Varian?" Kris looked up at the womans face in hopes of her saying yes. 

"No, the last time I saw him was in east Rna but he could be far away behind the mermaids ocean." Kris looked back to the ground. 'So he's still out there? Maybe he moved to another town. But what if something happened to him! No Kris! Don't thing about it! He's okay and your dad too and they'll be back in no time!' They reached the stables and Cass started preparing Fidella. "Oh, yeah I almost forgot!" Cass reached to her bag and pulled out a book, she than handed it to Kris. The girl gave Cass a confused look but opened the book, on the  inner cover of the book was something written 'plus et an vous'. 

"There's more in you?" Kris asked still looking confused. Cass petted the girls hair and said. "When I was at my worst, a really good friend of mine told me that." She smiled as she remembered the moment. "But..why are you giving me this?" Kristine asked again, watching Cassandra get onto her horse. "Well, I was hoping, to read about how you found Varian when we meet again." Kris now looked even more confused. "What are you talking about?" Cass smiled at her. "I know you too well Kris, you're not going to just sit here and wait. Bye!" Kris watched her in shock as she trotted away.

Kris stood there and stared in the direction Cass went, still holding the diary. She once again looked at the words. 'What did she mean, I'm not going anywhere...I don't want to go alone. And what if I don't find them! What am I going to do then?' Kris shook her head, "what are you thinking Cass? Rapunzel wouldn't let me go." She muttered under her breath. "I'm going to wait patiently here, in this kingdom, until they get back!" She told herself, and started walking back to her party.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I HATE HER!" Kris yelled out as she was packing her bag. "Who does she think she is, she knows me too well!" Kris took the diary and put it into her bag. "Rapunzel would be so furious."

"Well I mean what she doesn't know won't kill her, right?" She smiled to herself as she made herself some ham sandwiches.

"OH MY GOSH THIS WOULD KILL HER!" She yelled with a fearful expression as she put her hair into a ponytail.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"This is so fun!" Kris, jumped down from the corona wall holding a rope and landed safely on the ground.

"I...am a horrible friend." She said siting on the ground. "I'm going back." She stood up and started walking back home.

"I AM NEVER GOING BACK!!" Kris yelled as she ran through a field.

"I am a despicable human being!" She leaned to a tree tearing up a little.

"WOOAAAH!" Now she was on a ship looking down into the water and seeing some dolphins. "BEST. DAY. EVER!" She smiled to herself, when she looked up she could see land. She was now going to cross Kresten loch and then go through the mermaids ocean. "You're acting like you've never been on a ship." A red haired guy walked up to her. His name is Almaz, he's the one who offered to take her to the kresten loch.  He was wearing a long black coat, and he had a glove on his left hand, he also had a scar on his left cheek. "This is my first time on a ship." She turned to him, excitement clear in her eyes. Almaz looked to the land on the horizon. "What are you even looking for, people don't go to this place voluntarily."

"I could ask you the same thing! What are you looking for?" Kris looked once again to the water. She saw some jellyfish. "You'll fall if you keep leaning on the railing like that." Kris didn't listen to him an leaned over to look at a fish more close and then- "WATCH OUT!" Almaz caught kris by her waist and brought her back up on the deck. The railing she was leaning on fell down to the water. "I told ya. Be careful next time." Kris seemed unfazed, she seemed even more excited. "DID YOU SEE THAT FISH!? IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!" Almaz was confused at her behaviour. "YOU JUST ALMOST FELL OF THE SHIP AND YOU CARE ABOUT A FUCKING FISH!?"

"I've been through worse-" She was cut of by a man who looked slightly older than Almaz, he whispered something into Almazs ear. Kris just stood there awkwardly. "I'll be there in a minute." The man walked away, and Kris asked. "What's going on?" She looked at him curiously. "We're going to be there in like three hours, you should go take a nap before we get there." Kris looked at his face trying to read his emotions. "Okay then." She smiled and headed to her room. 

A/N 

This is the last chapter I'm posting here. 

I've moved to Ao3. You can find this fanfiction here:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/27441445/chapters/67083508