OLD 3. Adventure and a friend

"We'll miss you, Kris." Said the queen while she hugged the fourteen-year old. "I'll miss you too, guys." Kris smiled at everyone - Eugene, Raps, Lance, Keira, Catalina and Xavier. She put on her backpack and waved goodbye to them.

"We love you." 

"Good luck!" They all waved at her while she walked away.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It's been almost a week since Kris left. She didn't even know where she was going. She just looked into a map in Varians diary. The map had some marked places. That seems like a good start.

Kris walked through the Kresten loch. 'I should have brought some pants.' Thought Kris as she clutched her coat. The wind was so strong that Kris could barely walk. She would occasionally fall over headfirst into the snow. (When she was lucky)

It's so cold here. Why did I choose the worst way possible? The only thing that's keeping me warm is my coat. And I'm wearing a skirt!!

Walking became much more painful with each step. My head started pounding. I can't stop now! I need to get out of here! 

Kris clutched her chest  and started coughing.

'No! Kris! You. need. to. get. out. of. he...r..e...' 

Kris's eyes closed and she fell to the ground. Her breathing was uneven and she would occasionally cough.

.

.

.

A figure with bare feet came closer to her freezing body. The boy with really long raven hair looked at her in curiosity. He carefully placed his hair to the ground and kneeled next to her. The boy poked her several times before looking at her, then his hair,...her,...his hair,...the girl..., ...hair... He gently wrapped his hair around her and started dragging her out of the cold.

.

.

.

The girls eyes started twitching. Her vision was blurry and her head hurt. 'Where...am I?'. She could feel something around her body. 'Is-Is this....hair?'. Kris quickly started untangling herself from the hair.

"Your finally awake." Said a gentle voice. Kris looked at the figure. His hair was really long and had three colorful stripes in his raven hair. His eyes looked like emeralds and his cheeks had....gems in them!! Kris was startled by the fact that this boy had gems in his FREAKING cheeks!!

"P-please don't be scared..." The boy said quietly.

"S-Scared?! I-I'm not scared. Are you scared!? I'm just interested in those Freaking stones in your cheeks!? For how long do you have them exactly!?" She squeaked out putting on a fake smile, still startled by those cheeks.

"Uhh...Forever...I guess?" The boy looked down, brushing his hair behind his ear....wait- pointy Freaking ear!

"And what the frick is that?!!! WHY ARE YOUR EARS POINTY?!!!!" She pointed at those ears.

"Oh..I'm a demon..." ....

"AAAAAA-" The boy waved his hands in front of him. "No, please...don't be scared..."

Kris stopped yelling she quickly untangled from his hair and grabbed the nearest stick from the ground. "What do you want from me?!" She pointed the stick at him in a threatening manner. 

"I-I don't w-want any-thing from you." He had his hands above his head. Kris could see that he was more scared then she was. But still, this is a demon. From the stories Xavier told her, demons are the worst creatures that ever existed! 'If he wanted to, he would've killed me already.' 'If demons have so much power, why is he so scared?' 'Why did he just admitted to me that he's a demon?' These were the thoughts running in Kris's head.

She put the stick away and glared at him.

"I don't want to see you around here anymore! Go back where you came from! Demon." She yelled at him. His eyes widened and he jerked up. "O-o-okay I-I'll go n-now." He pointed into a direction and started walking away. Kris sighed once he was away. 'That was close...'

"Just one thing." Kris squeaked and held onto the stick in her hands. "D-Do you know how I-I'll get to a valley full of decayed flowers and trees?" He asked shyly.

"That's oddly specific." She looked at him, still a little shaken up. "And why would you want to go there?" Kris looked at him suspicously.

"Y-You said to go back where I came from." Kris sighed again. "Okay, Which way did you came from?" She asked annoyed. 

"W-well I walked through that lake for some days." He pointed at the direction of the lake. Kris sighed once again, more annoyed than before. "Okay, let's get this over with." Kris started walking to the lake. "Wait!" The boy called out to her. "What!" She yelled.

"You'll freeze to death in there." Of course....

"So.. we'll have to go around it...GREAT!!" Kris took out Varians diary and looked through the map.

GREAT!!" Kris took out Varians diary and looked through the map

"Okay, we'll go to east." Kris pointed at a place on the map. "It'll take some days before we get to Sleyfo." She closed the map and started walking. "C'mon, let's go."

"A-Alright!"

.

.

.

"It's starting to get dark. We'll set up a camp." Said Kris after a day of walking. She set down her backpack and took out two blankets. "Can you get some wood for the campfire?" 

"Y-Yeah!" The boy ran off into the forest. 'Okay, Okay just get some sticks, you've got this.' He started collecting sticks and soon he had armful of sticks. He walked back to Kris and set the sticks down. "H-Here."

"Thanks." She didn't say anything else and light up the fire. "Do you want something to eat?" She asked the boy. His stomach grumbled. "I'll take that as a yes." She smiled a little and grabbed her bag. "I've got some ham sandwiches." She brought up two sandwiches and handed one to him. "T-Thank you...You know I-I've never got y-your name."

"Hm...My name is Kristine, Kristine Ruddiger. But you can call me Kris. And what's yours."She smiled at the boy. "Tenebris." He replied taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Tenebris... that means Dark in latin. I've had a question on my mind...Why didn't you kill me when you had the chance?" Tenebris looked down on his hands. "Well, I don't kill people and even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to."

"May I ask why?" Kris moved next to him, looking at him curiously. She's always thought that all demons are bloodthirsty and power-hungry beasts. But then, this boy came. He didn't even mind telling her he's a demon. He didn't even tried to hide it.

"I don't know how to use my magic. I can't even remember what kind of magic I have." He looked into the fire, watching it dance. Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked at Kris who smiled at him. "I'll help you." 'Why did you say that!!!!'  "Are you sure?" He asked, looking into her grey eyes. "Yeah, we've got a lot of time to figure that out."

They both stared into the fire. The stars started shining in the night sky. Kris yawned. "You should go to sleep. I'll have the first watch." Tenebris stood up. "Nope. You should go to sleep. Today you've almost freezed to death. And besides, I don't need to sleep." Kris yawned again. "O-Okay, goodnight."