Enemies of the Heir || xxxi

The next morning, Megan had to drag Lucy from their dormitory, much to her dismay. Lucy was content to sleep all day, but her friend was having none of it. She sounded more like Anthony at the moment as she lectured her.

"I can clearly see you're ready for the day and it's not healthy to spend all your time inside!" Megan scolded, pulling her out the door. It was a miracle she didn't fall down the stairs.

Lucy let out a pitiful groan. She went limp as soon as they reached the common room, throwing herself onto the couch. "Would you look at that? I've left my dorm," she declared. "Mission accomplished, shall we celebrate?"

She didn't know why, but she was so bloody tired today. She thought she slept perfectly well last night, but when she woke up at ten in the morning, she felt like her bones had turned to liquid. Maybe she had caused too much chaos this week, and it was all catching up with her. As a girl of twelve years old, she didn't have the same youthful energy as last year...

"Did somebody say CELEBRATE?"

Anthony jumped over the couch and sat next to Lucy, narrowly missing her head. She sat straight up and glared at him. "You could have smothered me!"

"Don't back talk me, Lucille Rochester!" He scolded, and he threw himself across her, crushing her into the couch. "Is this smothering enough, Lucy? Am I embaaaarasssing youuuu!"he teased.

Lucy groaned and shoved against his chest. This only encouraged him to push her further into the couch. "Okay, okay!" she couldn't help but laugh as his elbow jabbed into her side. "You win, get off!"

Grinning, Anthony sat up again. She pulled a face at him. "How are you even awake? Don't the parties stop at sunrise?"

"Objectively, Lucy, the party never stops, but that's beside the point. What are we celebrating?" He asked.

"Trying to get this prat out of the common room," Megan said exasperatedly. "I've tried everything, mum. Offers of food, threatening to take her pets hostage, threatening to bring Lockhart— everything!"

A sly grin came over Anthony's face. "Did you tell her that Harry Potter has stopped by three times already to see her?"

"WHAT!"

Lucy gasped and jumped off the couch like it'd burned her. "Three times? Oh no! I should give him the password! Poor Harry, he probably waited around, too..."

Megan and Anthony shared an incredulous look.

"Is he the only one you're nice to?" Megan demanded.

Lucy looked at her, and then she grinned and threw her arms around her. "Don't worry, Megan Jones, you own my whole heart too! You're the best filthy muggleborn I've ever known, and you own my whole heart!"

Megan cooed and hugged her back. "Awww, I love you too, Lucy. You're the best future prison resident I've ever known!"

Lucy thought it was a sweet moment, but Anthony looked at them, disturbed. "You lot are weird," he said. "And that's coming from me."

Although Anthony had no room to call people weird, she didn't argue with him. She wanted to see what Harry stopped by for. She released Megan, throwing an amused glance her way. "I'd better go find Harry and see what he wants. Don't go filthying up the place with your muggleness, Megan!"

Megan nodded solemnly. "I shall try my hardest, Lucy." Then she started laughing, shaking her head. "We're terrible, did you know that? We're absolutely terrible."

"I did know that, actually," Anthony said. "Surprised it's taken you this long to catch on. The first step is acceptance, you know?" Megan punched him in the arm. "Merlin, woman, no need to beat me!"