Happy Halloween? || lvi

A/N- this person sent this art on instagram and I absolutely adore it! If you're reading this I've shown it off to everyone around me ^^ thanks again!

* * * * *

"HEADS UP!"

The whizzing of a bludger soaring past her head never failed to get the adrenaline pumping, and Lucy let out a mad laugh as she rolled her broom to the right. She'd only just righted herself in the air when Heidi, from behind her, called out,

"INCOMING!"

Once again, Lucy rolled out of the way. Heidi was by no means a beater, but she had a strong grip and she easily chucked the bludger directly at her.

The sun had just begun to rise, but the Hufflepuffs had been practicing for two hours already. At the beginning of practice they ran through structured drills and trained so hard that Oliver Wood would have been impressed. But as the practice wore on and they became more tired, everyone started to half-train, half mess around.

Maxine was training Lucy in 'dodging bludgers' which really equated to the older girl hitting a bludger at Lucy over and over again to see if she was fast enough to move out of the way. Heidi was supposed to be helping Daisy train Herbert to defend the goal posts, but she joined in on the fun. Anthony had many protests about this way of training, but he couldn't do anything about it, as he was helping Cedric train in Seeking.

"Hold on!" Lucy called before Maxine threw the bludger again. Max obliged and grabbed the bludger, holding it tight under one arm. "Dodging bludgers is easy work and all, but the real trouble is taking a hit."

"Are you telling me to hit it at you?"

"Yeah!"

Maxine shrugged, "Sounds good to me!" And she threw the bludger up and hit it with all her force. Lucy heard Anthony let out a shriek, but she laughed wildly as the bludger soared toward her. Maxine tended to aim for headshots and so Lucy went higher up, turning so that the bludger smashed into the flesh of her arm.

She watched with satisfaction as she bounced the bludger away from her and over to Heidi, who had to dive downward to avoid its path.

"HUMAN BEATER'S BAT!" Maxine cackled.

"HUMAN BEATER'S BAT!" Lucy yelled back.

"Right! Put the bludgers and quaffles away, practice is over!" Cedric ordered. He had the snitch in his hand, and he fixed Lucy and Maxine with disappointed looks. "If you're trying to kill each other I suppose we're done for the day."

Well aside from her sore arm, Lucy didn't see anything wrong with becoming a human beater's bat. She landed soundly on the ground, and Anthony landed beside her.

He tried his best to look disapproving but he couldn't help but snicker. "That was awesome," he admitted. He held up his hand, and Lucy high-fived him.

They retreated into the locker rooms once they had all the equipment put away. The locker room had two separate parts for the boys and the girls, but there was also a room between them where they'd meet before a game. They were supposed to talk strategy in the middle room, but every Quidditch match Lucy had ever played in, which wasn't that many, thanks Tom, they gossiped the entire time.

Everyone was scattered on benches. Lucy sat on the floor leaning against Daisy's legs as she drank her water. Cedric pulled a chalkboard in front of the team, but he stopped once he saw a rather nice portrait of Anthony drawn on it.

"Don't erase it!" Anthony snapped. "That took me ages!"

"Why'd you draw yourself?"

"Because I am the only thing worth drawing, Ceddy."