Lame Prefect || lii

* * * * *

* * * * *

Harry didn't know what he was expecting when he realized that he and Lucy were left alone, unsupervised in Diagon Alley. A lot of trouble, perhaps. Maybe some grand pranks and adventures, enough chaos to last the pair of them a lifetime— but as he soon realized, Lucy in the sunshine was not unlike that of a lounging cat.

Lucy knew her friend was a bit surprised that she wasn't going off the rails. She didn't see the need to. In Diagon Alley, there were no rules. They could use magic freely, and there was enough chaos going on already that she didn't feel the urge to contribute. She noticed that when she and Harry were left to their own devices, they tended to be quite peaceful, actually.

Every morning, she stumbled into the Leaky Cauldron where she and Harry would eat breakfast together. Harry observed the different types of guests as Lucy made up stories for each and every one of them.

"That one was a victim of a bear attack." Lucy pointed to a man sitting at Tom's bar. He was rather ordinary looking, with light blonde hair and an aged face. In fact, he was probably the most normal one inside the Leaky Cauldron at the moment. "He escaped within an inch of his life, but knowing that he killed an animal will haunt him forever."

Harry blinked. "I don't know about that one, Luce." Most of her stories at the very least made sense.

"I'm telling you! Look at the scrapes on his neck. Bear attack. If it's not a bear, it's a magic bear."

"The scrapes on his neck could be from anything," Harry said, rolling his eyes.

She raised her eyebrows at him, leaning back in her seat. Was that a challenge? She wasn't sure if the man had been attacked by a bear after all, but now her honor was on the line. She could not let this horrible offense pass by.

She cupped her hands around her mouth and called over the raucous chatter of the pub: "HEY! BLONDE MAN!"

The man whirled around, and so did everyone else who heard Lucy's loud shout. Harry wanted to evaporate on the spot.

"Uh... yes?" the man said hesitantly.

She continued just as loudly, even though she didn't have to. "HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ATTACKED BY A BEAR?"

He was beginning to get scared now. "No... I haven't..."

Harry gave her a see? Sort of look. She frowned. She didn't know what she was expecting. In any case, she was not going to leave defeated.

"Well, you're about to. ACCIO BEAR—"

"ALRIGHT, I think it's time we leave!" Harry grabbed her wand arm and pulled her out of the Leaky Cauldron. Tom the Innkeeper shot him an extremely relieved glance, while the man looked appropriately mortified. Harry's face was about as red as his flannel as they walked through the busy Diagon Alley streets. "I hate you," he informed her.