Who Did This || xlvi

a/n: huge thank you to Aislaaaa for the amazing fan art!!!!!! I love it so much!!

* * * * *

To say that Tom wasn't pleased with Anthony's involvement was an understatement.

After break, she attended the rest of her classes without any trouble, but the moment she closed herself into her dormitory, Tom appeared sitting in her armchair, his features cold and stony. He wasn't looking at her. She tried to catch his eye for about three seconds before she decided it simply wasn't worth the effort, and she began working on her missed Herbology work instead.

As she settled on her bed, her books laid out in front of her, she could feel his glare boring into her skull. She tried to ignore it, working quietly for about ten minutes. Each second that passed, the air became thicker. She was incredibly tempted to glare back at him. She wouldn't; she was as stubborn as he was and if he wanted to act like a git, he had every right. She would be mature and finish her work.

And that was exactly what she did. She took her time, making sure her assignment was of the utmost quality, all the while Tom positively glowered at her. Even while she was in class today, she could sense his extreme displeasure, and she knew it had to do with Anthony's assessment of him. Not only did he make jibes about Tom, but he also implied that Tom wasn't someone to be trusted— a sentiment that she knew infuriated her friend. He prided their trust in one another with utmost seriousness and regarded anyone who tried to get in the way of that as a problem.

She'd been irritated by Anthony's remarks too, but she knew he was only being sensible. Also very annoying. And right now, Tom was being just as annoying, if not more.

She resolutely ignored him until she absolutely couldn't anymore. An hour passed. Her schoolwork was finished. Tom was still glaring.

She put her supplies away, then sat criss-crossed on her bed. Finally, she looked right at Tom, and it was then that she gave him the most 'are you KIDDING me?' look in her entire life.

"So are you going to keep glaring at me all evening, or are you going to use your words?" She questioned in mock-understanding.

Tom sneered.

He is so dramatic, she thought to herself, attempting to keep her facial expression blank. If she glared back, then she was as bad as he was. She tried another, less condescending route. "You're mad because I showed Anthony the records." It wasn't a question.

He uncrossed his legs, leaning forward. "In what realm did you decide that was ever a good idea?" He said, his voice tight with anger. "Six more people are going to know that you've stolen from Dumbledore and cast a potentially lethal, extremely dark spell on the entire school."

"They're not going to tell anyone," Lucy said calmly. She trusted her Quidditch team, and she knew that not one of them would let something like this slip, especially when it had to do with the Chamber of Secrets. Daisy might be a stickler for the rules, but she was loyal to a fault, and she'd put her friends' well being above the rules anyday.

"You don't know that."

"Yes, I do. Anthony's older and smarter than me—" Tom opened his mouth to argue that statement, but she pushed on. Anthony was silly and dramatic, but his magical talent was undeniable. He was more observant than anyone gave him credit for. "—and I trust his judgement. Last year, he managed to work out that there was something wrong with Quirrell and that he and I had something strange going on. He was smart enough to keep it to himself, but he made sure nothing bad happened. He's smart."