two · heal

WU

Wu was making tea in the Bounty's kitchen. He added his usual blend of tea leaves and spices and left it on the stove to boil, enjoying the gentle quiet and peace--

"YAHHH FIGHT ME!"

"HA, BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!"

"NO."

"YES."

"NO! STOP IT, LLOYD!"

"MAKE ME!"

With an exasperated sigh, he went to check on his Ninja. The sounds of their gaming bore through the supposedly sound-proof walls of the Bounty, and he made his way to the lounge. Though the monastery was mostly in good shape and they had temporarily fixed the major damages done to it, the Ninja seemed content with staying on the Bounty, a home that could fly away from danger. At least this way, the Ninja could travel around Ninjago to check on all the recently un-petrified citizens as well, and they wouldn't waste their days playing video games.

The only reason Wu had given in to video games (besides the fact that he was utterly exhausted of them going stir-crazy without them) was because it allowed them to be kids. They were able to forget about the responsibilities weighing heavily on their shoulders. In a span of a few weeks, the little innocence and childlike hope for a better world had been crushed. Any hope or chance of normality had vanished long ago.

The only reason they did not gain a post-traumatic stress disorder from this now was because it had been there from their start as Ninja. They could not be any more traumatized than they already were.

"Take THAT!" Jay yelled, his voice echoing down the hall. Laughter and shouts intertwined with his, dancing and making the ship sunnier among the setting sun. If there was something that would help them forget about their scars, even for a moment, it was worth it. Wu would happily allow them to have it.

"No, not lightning- FIRE!" Kai countered.

Even if their gaming gave him migraines.

Lloyd and Cole were trash-talking each other, but a change in the game made them start to cheer for another Ninja. Wu didn't need to look to know that Nya was there as well; since the proposal she and Jay were inseparable. He already knew she was there, quietly laughing in amusement at the boys' antics.

He didn't hear any sign of Zane, though. The white ninja enjoyed playing video games as much as the rest, but his metallic voice didn't join theirs. Quickly glancing into the lounge, he was not surprised to see Kai and Jay aggressively shoving their shoulders into each other to throw the other off as they gamed a few inches from the screen. Lloyd, Cole, and Nya were on the couch, talking amongst themselves and snickering as they watched their teammates play as if their lives depended on it.

A muffled sound came from the dining room, like the slap of paper over each other. Following the sound, Wu found Zane sitting at the dinner table with a deck of cards. The cards were flying between his hands rapidly, the worn cards settling in a neat stack for a second before fluttering into the air again.

The dinner table brought back countless memories, both good and bad. Wu stood there for a moment, remembering everything at once. The Titanium Ninja's kind blue eyes flickered to his sensei's and set about laying out his cards. "Salutations, Sensei," Zane greeted.

"Hello, Zane. What are you doing here?" he asked, sitting down on the bench and observing the curious setup of cards.

"I have been practicing various card tricks. I find the science of it quite fascinating, and it is nice to take a break from the others when-"