author's note

Okay, can I just start off with a big thank-you??

You guys are all amazing! I love reading your comments (even if they're screaming "why, you monster??"), and seeing this story grow was really wonderful

A quick summary of the epilogue, in case it's confusing: It's Day of the Departed and by a miracle, the Ninja have made it to Ninjago to see their sensei again. It was Kai, Cole, Jay, Zane, Lloyd, and Pixal that were there. Nya was not.

They find out that Nya should have died, but the Omega had turned back time and spared her. Because Nya never went to the Departed Realm, she never told the Ninja team about the child so they don't know about that either. The team knows that the Omega reversed time after Wu finds out about the kid, but they don't know why.

Originally, I was going to write out the Ninja's reactions to the news from Nya. I felt that it wouldn't flow with the book as well so I took it out. If you'd like me to write it and post it, let me know! I also have an alternate ending to this story, but it's not that much different from what I ended up doing. I didn't plan on bringing Nya back, but you know, I have big plans for the master of Water.

Okay, so here are answers to some questions you guys asked:
[2021 update: Some of these answers have changed. The updates are in italics.]

Is there more to come? by thelightningninjasis

Yes. ;)
No (Sorry)

How did you come up with the AU for Angels? by Cookis167

I made up this AU with an IRL friend. We decided that, as authors, it would be incredibly kind to our readers if we killed every single character in the most painful way-

Soo, how did you come up with torturing us => by Sir_Toast

I had just finished my friend MorroDaGhost's story Torn Up (currently it has been taken down for the time being) and... I was in for revenge :3 Though what Morro did was not even close to what I ended up doing lol oops

Are we going to get more insight into the baby? I'm very invested in this child. by iMayBeObsessed

Yes. :D
Nope lmao (i know i know, sorry)

Will you make a sequel?? by dancingturnip14

Yes.

I have a sequel planned, but it won't be ready for a very long time, sorry :(

2021 Update [SEQUEL]: No, there is not a sequel. Originally I planned on writing not one, but
two sequels- making this a trilogy- to Angels. However, I grew to dislike my original plan for the upcoming books and think that it's best to leave Angels standalone. I don't think I could ever write anything that would match Angels.

2022 Update [REWRITE]: I intended on rewriting the entire story last year, but I've decided against it for a number of reasons. I don't have the time, given my numerous projects, and this story is very personal to me-- I don't want to remove or rewrite it, no matter how imperfect it is.

That's all!! Again thank you guys so much, I cannot explain how much I love y'all :) Thank you for standing by me as I struggled to figure out what the heck I was doing with this story, and for withstanding all the times I had to republish parts because of a mistake in the chapter. And congratulations, you survived through me killing all the Ninja (and everyone in Ninjago)!

This will be all, until next time! :D

~ Skylar S.M.