four · forgetting

lol noob - 2021 Skylar

JAY

The Bounty paused over Ignacia for a moment to refill on supplies. Since they were already there, Kai and Nya decided to stop by the Four Weapons Blacksmith to visit Ray and Maya, who had returned to their original forge after the Time Twins stuff.

Jay wanted to go as well; it only seemed fitting. He had to just finish fixing up the side of the main console and he'd be out of the Bounty for a while. The screen map thing was flickering off at random times, but it wasn't worth waiting for it to happen during a crucial time.

He wiped sweat from his brow, smearing grease onto his gi and face as he patched up the main switchboard. It wasn't completely done, but it would suffice for a week at most before it broke down again.

Something caught his eye. Jay looked around, expecting it to be a loose tarp or one of Wu's plants, but it was... orange.

Skylor couldn't have gotten on the ship, right?

No. This was a different color. Something more... sinister.

A laugh came from behind the blue ninja and Jay whipped around, his heart racing.

He had heard that laugh before. It was a laugh that haunted his nightmares about being torn from his friends as he was tortured by a djinn on an evil pirate ship.

"Nadakhan," he whispered.

The djinn came up to the Lightning Ninja. "Hello, Jay Gordon Walker."

"How- how are you here? I don't understand." Jay's voice was shaking. The others were all off of the ship. He was alone and cornered. He gripped his nunchucks but knew that he wouldn't be able to do much to the djinn.

"How are you here?" he repeated, shakily picking up his nunchucks. "You shouldn't be here."

"Of course I should! And I'm here to finish a task only I am fit to complete." The orange genie flew in dizzying circles around the ninja, laughing as Jay took desperate swings at him.

He reached to his comm to contact the others, but Nadakhan knocked his hand away with his sword, cutting Jay's forearm. "No reinforcements," he chided as if he were a teacher scolding a student. "This is between you and me."

Jay let out a shout and shot lightning at the djinn, only for him to dodge it. "How does it feel, Jay? I have been watching you. And now I can take you down. The Omega will be pleased, and I will reign free once again," he snarled and lunged at him. "To him, you are more valuable dead than alive."

He had forgotten how fast Nadakhan could be. Jay barely dodged his swing, twirling his own weapon around and clashing with four swords midair.

The thing was, Jay didn't want to go risk his life to get venom from a spider that might be dead. The last time he tried that, his girlfriend had died, and it was a wonder they all survived. He also needed backup-- with six people, the team had barely defeated Nadakhan, and they still needed to team up with the Sky Pirates, and Jay had to start a resistance to stop him... temporarily. Jay had no chance of defeating the djinn. All he could do was hope to stay alive.

His opponent seemed set on mortally wounding the ninja, though, making Jay's goal harder to reach. Nadakhan's swords had materialized from Wu knows where and they were razor-sharp, Jay found. Hot pain bloomed from the area as they cut through his gi and skin.

Jay parried a blow with his nunchucks and ducked as another came for his head, but a brown tuft of hair wasn't spared. It floated to the ground as the two sparred, greeting the blood and grease that was coating the boards. An impromptu haircut wasn't what he was worried about. He was mostly fearing for his life. He was so busy defending his body and could barely take care of that, and calling his friends wasn't really an option at the moment.