twenty-one · reunited

COLE

Cole found himself as a ghost... again.

He had been thrown off the Bounty, the breath and life knocked out of him as he was dragged into the darkness. Unsurprisingly, he found himself in the one place that he wanted to be in for the first time.

The Departed Realm.

"COLE!"

Someone came out of nowhere and crushed him in a hug. He couldn't tell who it was. He just felt another ghost hugging him fiercely, sobbing and not letting go.

"COLE!" someone else screamed. He was knocked to the ground as five others jumped on him, laughing and crying. It took him a second to process what he was seeing. It was just a blur of colors- red, blue, grey, white, green...

Kai, Jay, Nya, Zane, Lloyd.

He was with his family.

"I missed you guys so much," he whispered.

Jay sniffled and beamed through his tears, squeezing his best friend tightly as the others got up. "Those were the longest thirteen days of my life."

"Those were the worst thirteen days of my life," Cole agreed, accepting Lloyd's outstretched hand and hauling himself up. Just as he did so, Pixal ran over.

"Cole!" she exclaimed, noticing the Earth Ninja in the group.

"Pix! It's good to see you again!" he grinned. He looked around at his friends, soaking in their presence. They were whole, unharmed, and just the same as they were before their deaths-- maybe tinted with green now.

"You know, it's kind of a good thing you died, huh?" Kai asked thoughtfully. Nya slapped him on the arm. "What?" he protested.

"I mean, I'm glad that it means I'm with you guys now. We're sticking together permanently now, right?"

Pixal knit her brow. "But now Wu is alone."

"He's a few hundred years old and is a son of the First Spinjitzu Master. He'll be okay," Lloyd said, though he seemed a bit uncertain. He spotted something over Cole's shoulder and his eyes lit up, running past his friends.

Confused, they followed the Green Ninja as he wove through trees and made a few sharp turns. "Lloyd, where the heck are you going?" Jay gasped for breath as they halted behind him. "Oh, holy Spinjitzu, that was a lot harder than it should have been."

"Being a ghost takes a while to get used to," Cole commented, trying to see what Lloyd was seeing. The youngest Ninja looked a bit disappointed. "You okay, buddy?" he asked him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It was nothing," he mumbled quietly and turned around. Cole made eye contact with the others and shrugged. Nobody had any clue as to what he was talking about.

"Are you calling me nothing, son?"

Lloyd whipped around, as did everyone else at the sound of a familiar voice- a voice none of them had heard since the Anacondrai cultists had been banished.

"Dad?"

Sensei Garmadon hovered a few trees away from the Ninja, not at all the emperor that had taken over Ninjago City not that long ago. Lloyd's breath caught and he hesitated, standing by his friends. Cole gave him a gentle nudge. "It's okay," he said softly.

"You can blame the Omega for my being here," Garmadon teased.

Lloyd ran forward, hugging his father tightly, his shoulders shaking. The father and son exchanged a few words, a lot of it seemed to involve the sensei apologizing and Lloyd saying "It's okay, it's over now".