twenty-four · memories

"Hello there, friend. My name is Zane."

An auburn-haired boy pokes his head over the blond teen's shoulder, both of them wearing black ninja gis. "Hey, I'm Jay, and I- hang on... did I just rhyme?"

A black-clad ninja walks over and takes off his hood, revealing a mop of hair the same color as his gi. "You do it all the time." With a wink, he says to the camera, "I'm Cole. A couple of days ago, we didn't know each other existed. Thanks to Sensei Wu, we now do. I might be regretting it though."

"We're going to be Ninja. We're going to save Ninjago from all evil! Hai-yah!" Jay aims for a punchbag but accidentally kicks Zane in the head. "Oh my gosh Zane, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

Cole rolls his eyes as the future Lightning Ninja's apologies continue endlessly behind him. "Why am I surprised? I guess I better go supervise Jay here before he does anything actually dangerous, like electrocuting us with toasters or something. We'll see you later, so... bye?"

CUT.

"AYYYY WHAT'S UP, KAI IN THE HOUSE!"

The camera shakes violently as a spiky-haired teenager wrestles someone for it. He seems to have won as it soon steadies and focuses on his scarred face. "It's Kai, master of fi-ya! Aren't these gis just sweet?" He points at his red robes, grinning widely.

Zane gently pushes Kai out of the way. "Indeed they are. Recently we were told that we each represent a different element. I am the Ninja of Ice, Cole the Ninja of Earth, Kai is Fire as he previously stated, and Jay is the Ninja of-"

"Blabber!" Cole interjects offscreen.

Jay yells, "COLE, WOULD YOU STOP? I DON'T TALK THAT MUCH!"

Someone dives at Kai, knocking the camera to the floor.

"Ha-ha, can't catch me!" a young boy yells. A blur of green darted away from the swearing red Ninja.

"Lloyd, we were vlogging!" Cole complains, joining Jay and Kai in chasing their vlog attacker. Most of the view is obstructed by a table leg, but the camera still captures Zane slowly backing away from the scene, quietly laughing to himself. He turns around just as a teenaged girl, not much younger than the Ninja, walks in the doorway.

"Can someone explain to me what is going on?" she asks, crossing her arms.

"It was Lloyd!" Kai blames.

There is a beat of dead silence as everyone waits for her reaction. Suddenly, she lunges forward, the quiet broken with a mixture of shrieks and giggles. "AHH! NYA PLEASE STOP TICKLING ME! I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY- PLEASE! STOP- AHH!"

Zane had made his way over to the camera, carefully avoiding Lloyd's flailing arms as he tried to escape Nya the tickle-monster. Awkwardly, he says, "We'd best get going... Bye!"

CUT.

The Ninja look just about the same as they did in the last clip except they each are a bit more battle-scarred than before. Nya is sitting in a chair, sharpening a dagger while the others stand behind her. Jay, Lloyd, and Zane could be seen keeping a good distance from Kai, who was taking a pair of scissors to his sister's hair.

"Are you sure you're doing it right?" Cole asks, his voice coming from directly behind the camera. Kai stops cutting her hair, turning to the filmer.

"Of course I'm doing it right. We lived on our own for like ten years and I managed to cut her hair every time. I know exactly what I'm doing. How much experience do you have in cutting hair? None? I suspected so." Satisfied with his point, the Fire Ninja turns back around and continues hacking at Nya's hair. Cole continued to express his doubts, making Kai stop every time to correct him angrily.