chapter 5

I watched Izuku head towards his building, waiting until he disappeared into the building before pulling out of the parking lot.

I can't help but realize that everything is happening quickly. Well, on my end at least. Truthfully, I don't know how he's feeling. His agreement to our date on Friday is a good sign, but what if he just agreed to be polite? I don't think he would do that, but he is the type to want to spare my feelings.

But I can't ignore the way he reacted to my words, he blushed almost the entire time we were together. I just need to take this slowly. I need to keep my feelings under control.. The last thing I want to do is scare him off before anything can even happen. Some of the things he did last night in his intoxicated state worried me. He seemed willing to do anything I instructed him to do. Too willing. Like he was trained to be that way... like he feared what might happen if he didn't oblige.

I don't know what happened while we've been apart, but It didn't seem good. I wasn't going to force him to tell me, I didn't want to be like that anymore. I wanted to be someone he could rely on, someone he could be himself around. I don't want to beat myself up anymore for what I did to him, but it's hard...

Sometimes I close my eyes and all I can see is him crying. His big, green eyes wet and glassy, trying desperately to blink the tears away. I see his plump lip wobbling, before it disappears between his teeth. I see him wringing his shaking hands together, trying to bring some sort of comfort to himself.

I hate it.

I hate that I made him that way, and i never want to do that to him again.

Hopefully I can get through these meetings today quickly. The sooner they're finished, the sooner i'll be able to talk to Deku.

Izuku Pov

I almost skip to my apartment. I feel like i'm on cloud nine, and I never want to come down. Kachaan makes me feel so... warm.

It's both exciting and terrifying. I didn't think I would ever be ready for this feeling again.

I unlock the door, and step inside locking it behind me. I look around carefully, I was planning on escaping to my room. I wasn't quite ready to be lectured by Uraraka quite yet. For someone that is my best friend, she sure is able to instill that motherly type fear in me. I feel like i'm sneaking back into my childhood home after a night out with friends.

I almost make it, my doorknob is literally in my grasp. I left out a sigh of relief, but I quickly realize that i've blown my own cover when I hear the sound of something hitting the floor, followed my heavy footsteps. I squeak in fear, trying desperately to get into the safety of my room.

I gasp as I hit the floor, groaning at the slight pain rising up my back. I feel the weight of a body sitting on top of me and roll my eyes. Did she seriously just tackle me to the floor? and she calls me dramatic.

"and just WHERE do you think you're GOING, mister?!" uraraka yells from above me. She glares, but has a playful smile on her lips.

"Well, I thought I would go to my room. But, I guess that's not going to happen." I rolled my eyes at her again, she really is so over dramatic.

"WHERE did you go last night? You sent me some half-assed text about going home with some GUY, don't wait up? What does that even MEAN? WHO?" she demanded. "and stop rolling your eyes at me!"

"I don't know if I should teeeelll you, uraraka.. I don't know how you're going to feel about it.." I mumbled out.

Her eyes widened, almost popping out of their sockets. It was hard not to laugh at her expression. In fact, in any other circumstance I probably would be rolling around on the floor laughing. The nerves took away whatever humor I could find in this situation, I feared her criticism the most... Truthfully, Uraraka is the last hope of "family" that I left. My mother passed a few years ago, and my dad left when I was very young.