37 | Lure

Ginny couldn't move. Her heart pounded as her eyes opened. She pulled on the shackles around her wrists and her ankles. Struggling was pointless. They were magically done.

She muttered a spell, but nothing happened. Was there wards up or something? They must have her wand somewhere else too. Bloody hell. Her muggle tools would've been perfect right about now. Except, they were in her closet in her flat. She should've been more prepared for the unexpected. This was embarrassing.

A groan startled her.

She looked around, but there was only shadows and the echo of dripping water. A room? More likely a cell. Was she still in the Parkinson Manor? Probably.

Glancing over her shoulder, she caught sight of a form. There was someone else here!

"Hello?" She pulled on the chains again.

No sound, not even a groan.

She tried to move a little more to get a better look at the person on the floor. Who was it? Her body turned a few inches. Dammit! She pulled on the shackles.

"You can't break free."

Ginny's head shot to the darkness in front of her. She squinted then a woman stepped out in a dark green gown. Pansy Parkinson. The Black Locket was around her neck.

Shifting in her chair, she stared at the locket. So close once again. She needed to break free, and get it. Get out before this situation got even more out of control.

"Thanks for bringing the Locket to me," she said, smiling. If there was one thing she remembered about Pansy, it was her temper and how out of control she got when she lost it. Ginny licked her lips. "Makes this job a whole lot easier."

Pansy's dark eyes flashed, and she shot forward, her heels clicking on the concrete as she came. Ginny prepared herself for the spew of anger, aggressive words.

Except Pansy slapped her.

Pain vibrated through her head. Ginny blinked.

"That's for breaking into my house."

Ginny righted herself and turned dark eyes on the other witch. "I was invited."

Pansy hesitated a moment then backhanded her. Ginny's head turned with the hit. "That's for trying to steal from me."

Fury rose in Ginny, licked against her skin, waiting to rise to the occasion. Instead, she locked her lips, an iron-tang bringing a grin to her lips. She tilted her head. "The night is still young."

Another slap. Hair stuck to her cut lip. Her eyes met Pansy's. She grinned and then spat blood on that beautiful green gown.

Pansy hissed and grabbed Ginny's chin. She pulled back, but Pansy dug her black nails into her skin.

"And that was for trying to steal the gift my fiancé gave me." Pansy released her and took a step back.

Fiancé? No. It belonged to- They were estranged.

Ginny shook her head. "You're lying. The Ministry confiscated it. Sold it to the Parkinsons. I saw the paperwork myself."

A chuckle came from behind her. A shiver shot up her spine.

Malfoy stepped out of the shadows, a smirk on his lips. "Little Weasel," he said, silvery-gray eyes meeting hers. She turned away. She hated the way she felt when she looked into those stormy eyes. "I planted that information," he continued. He stepped closer, head tilted. "Why won't you look at me? Afraid of the attraction you feel?"