Tim Drake x Reader

So I know I've been on a bit of a Tim Drake binge, but 1) He's just so damn adorable, and 2) this idea kinda fell into my lap on tumblr and I love ittt.

The reader is a barista in a coffee shop and Tim comes in everyday, sometimes even multiple times a day. enjoy! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------

You let out a large sigh and began wiping down the counter tops with a wash rag. Finally, after a three hour rush, the shop had calmed down. It was fairly empty now with a couple sitting in the back left corner splitting a bagel, a man typing furiously on his computer, and a mother, phone in one hand, and baby in the other. You turned your gaze to Louise, who was restocking the display. Once she had finished she turned to look at you, and gave you a desperate look. "Where is Sarah? Her shift started an hour ago and we've already been short staffed lately." You shrugged you shoulders. 

Your conversation was cut short by the ringing of Louise's phone. After ending the phone call, she sent you a sad glance. "I've got to go. I'm so sorry Y/n, but I really have to get home." Your attention was grasped by the front counter's bell. Louise made to take the order, but you softly placed a hand on her upper bicep. "It's fine Louise. I got it." Louise hugged you tightly. Turning around, you walked swiftly to the front where a very handsome man stood, his attention focused on his phone. He let out a small noise of frustration, and ran a hand through his ebony locks.

"Are you okay, sir?" His gaze snapped to yours. For a solid five minutes, he stood gaping at you like a fish. Not used to the attention, you blushed and averted your eyes. His beautiful blues were captivating. "Yeah- uhhh. Nothing a cup of coffee won't fix," You nodded softly along as he listed off his order. You could easily tell that this man drank coffee way to often. 

After quickly making his cup, you placed it on the granite countertops. He smiled at you and softly handed you a fifty. "Uhm. Sir this is beyond enough..." His laugh filled the coffee shop and pressed the air from your lungs. "Keep the change beautiful. I'll have to take you out next time I come back." You blushed at his flirtations. "You're coming back?" A wink and a smile made your heart skip a beat, or twenty. "Just to see you sugar."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staying true to his word Tim, as you had learned his name was, came back every day. Sometimes more than once. That was how you distinguished that he had a particularly rough day at work. If you saw him more than once. He had taken you out on one date so far, and you learned that he was the CEO of Wayne Enterprises and had taken over from his adoptive father. He was also an exceptional detective, which you found only a tad odd considering he claimed he had no police training.

Today was a rough day for you. A situation had developed with a customer, and just your luck Tim walked in right in the middle of it. "No sir, you don't understand. We don't sell cookies here." The man growled softly. "What the hell am I supposed to tell my four year old son?" Your attitude appeared quicker than usual and you placed a firm hand on your hip. "How about you don't tell him that we have cookies when we don't." 

The yelling started up again. Your attention was somewhere else though as Tim walked into the shop. He eyed the man yelling at you and battled with himself before quietly making his way to a nearby table to sit down. The man however demanded your attention. His hand roughly grabbed onto your wrist in a bruising grip. Your eyes snapped to him in a glare, and Tim jumped up from the table. "Sir, you need to leave before I call the police."

A silence overfell the shop before the man begrudgingly left. Taking a deep breath, you started towards Tim after grabbing your pad to take his order. "Hey Timmy." You spoke gently and Tim smiled at the nickname. "So, the usual Timmy?" When he didn't reply, you dropped your pad into your apron and focused your full attention on him. He was still standing up and staring at you with a look you couldn't decipher.

Tim abruptly captured you in a hug. "How's work today sweetheart?" You blushed at the nickname and found a sudden interest in his shoes. His index finger settled under your chin and forced your eyes to meet his. "Don't be embarrassed babygirl," He cooed softly. Your hand found his free one and grabbed it. "Why the sudden change in behavior Timmy?" He smirked at your curiosity.

"Because I love you. You mean everything to me and I refuse to go another day without you in my arms." Your face flushed at his confession and you smashed your lips onto his. "Beautiful speech Timmy, but I've got to get back to work. Sarah called sick again so it's just me and we're about to get rushed." He nodded and pecked your lips once more, but when you tried to walk away, you noticed he followed you. His footfalls accompanied you all the way back to the counter where he washed his hands and nimbly tied an apron around himself.

"What're you doing?" He flashed a breath taking smile at you. "Not about to let my babes get slammed short staffed. Besides I know everything there is to know ever about coffee." You snorted at his statement. Sure, but how much coffee could one person drink? Over the course of the night, your question was answered. Midnight creeped up albeit a bit slowly and the two of you were finally cleaning up and closing shop for the night. 

In the past eight hours, Tim had downed so much coffee you thought he might die. Every time you turned around he was shooting another cup straight down his throat. "Should I be concerned with how much coffee you've had?" Tim looked up from sweeping the floor. He leaned it and himself against the countertop. "Not especially." You hummed lightly at his response. 

"So drinking fourteen cups of coffee --I know I counted-- in eight hours is normal for you?" A teasing eyebrow was raised although you were slightly concerned. "You'd be surprised," Your head snapped up from the locks and back to your tall and handsome boyfriend. Now that the effects of his last cup of coffee had worn off, his eyes looked heavy and dead tired. A soft smile graced your lips as you moved towards him. Hopefully you could coax him into bed. His movements opposed yours however and he began making his way to the espresso machine, pressing the on switch. 

"Are you serious right now, Timothy?!"