Jason Todd x Reader

"Hold on. You died."

"Yea, well it didn't stick."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As you opened the door to your apartment in crime alley, you allowed the cold wet flowers to fall onto the dining room table. You had just visited the grave of the love of your life who died five years ago. It was his birthday. You went to take him flowers but it was thunder-storming horribly and you didn't want them to get ruined or worse blow away. 

Quickly you did a cartoon like double take of the mysterious tall figure standing in your hallway. You hadn't switched on the lights yet so his appearance was not visible. You carefully slipped the gun out from the holster on the underside of the table. Even if it was Batman you might shoot him after what he let happen to Jason. "Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my apartment?" The figure chuckled. The sound was masked by a robotic distorter. 

"Well, I would have found you sooner but you moved out of our old apartment. Took me a little while to find you. Clearly, you don't want to be found."

"First of all, I don't know who the hell you think you are, but that move was not wise. Second, answer the damn question!" You heard a hissing noise and then saw his hands move up to remove what looked like a helmet.

The metal clinked to the floor and the face under it cause your gun to join it. "Ja-Jason?" Tears immediately welled up into your eyes. Wanting to believe your eyes, you tightly grasped onto him. Your soulmate, who was supposed to be gone. "Wait, hold on. You died." Unanswered questions swirled around your head like a tornado. "Yea well sorry, doll. But it didn't stick." You pulled away from the embrace and kissed all over his face and neck. 

"You don't have to apologize for that Jason. Ever. I haven't been happy since you... left, and I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't spoken to Bruce in years. Since it happened. I have had the occasional call with Alfred." 

"Yeah? How is the happy family?" Jason had now made himself at home and settled on the couch flipping through one of your magazines. "...Expanding." This seemed to momentarily peak his attention as his green eyes settle on yours. "It's okay Jason. They may have replaced you but clearly I never will." Jason's hand made it's way to the back of your thigh and pulled you to stand in between his legs. "You are all that I need doll."

You let out a 'hmm' in response and straddled him carefully. "You know I will say, whatever the hell brought you back helped puberty hit you like a truck and sculpted you like a God." The now 20-year old Jason smirked at you. "Glad you think I look good, princess. These five years have treated you well too." You let out another hum and and carefully moved from his lap. You had to slap away his hands as they tried to grasp at your hips to keep you situated on top of him. 

Noting that he followed you as expected. You took two bottles down from the cabinet and one of the dozens of expensive bottles of champagne that Bruce sent you. "Treated me better on the outside than the inside. Now I guess I'm happy to be at the legal drinking age." Jason let out a hum of his own. "Since when do you drink wealthy?"

"Since Bruce stopped sending flowers and started sending liquor. I sent him all the flowers he sent me back without any of the blossoms on them. Then he sent chocolates which I left to melt on Wayne Manor's doorstep. Finally, he started sending liquor, the one thing he knew I wouldn't destroy or try to send back," You took a deep breath and took a swing of your champagne. "I've had plenty of opportunities to drink it however Dom Perignon Rose Gold doesn't quite do the trick like good old Jack Daniels." Jason's grin widened. "I knew there was a reason why I fell in love with you."

"You mean besides my stunning personality?"

"Well... there's that too."