Chapter Ten

Jakob's POVAfter dinner like I promised, I brought her ice cream and we sat on the beach, eating it

Jakob's POV
After dinner like I promised, I brought her ice cream and we sat on the beach, eating it.

I think I heard her say she was having Rocky road. I got Cookies n cream.

"Tonight was fun," she says.

"It was," I agree with her.

"If only you asked me out three years ago," she says.

"I was dumb and immature back then," I state.

"Yeah," she says. "You were a dick then too."

"Still am," I chuckle.

"Oh definitely," she giggles.

"I guess now the night coming to an end we better talk," I state.

"Okay," she says. "What about?"

"Do you like me?" I ask. "Or is this out of pity?"

"It's not pity," she says. "I didn't know that I liked you til the other day when I was on that date with Hyde. Well after. I was in bed remembering everything that happened that day and what Violet said kept repeating in my mind," She explains. "And then when I thought back to our conversations, I realised how close we've actually become over this last month."

"Yeah we have," I say. "That's why my feelings came back."

"Why did you like me back then?" She asks.

"You were hot," I laugh. "And you were funny."

"Yeah right," she says. "Well if you want, we can go on another date."

"Good," I say.

We get up and she orders us an Uber. When we get to her place, I told the uber guy to wait for me and walked Chloe to her door. "Thanks for the good night," she says. "I hope the next one is just as good."

"It will be," I say, cockily.

I could sense Chloe rolling her eyes at my comment. "I'll see you on Monday then," she says.

"Well you'll see me," I say. "All I can see is blackness."

She giggles a little. "I forgot sorry."

"Since I'm a gentleman, I am going to ask," I state. "Can I kiss you goodnight?"

"If you want to," she murmurs. The hand that was laced with her goes up her arm, so I could cup her face and not something else if you know what I mean

I lean down and softly place my lips against hers. I pull away just as it starts because;

Well you know I'm a gentlemen

*
"Damn dude," Wesley says, as I was telling him the next day.

We were at my place, sitting in my bedroom. He was playing my Xbox, while I just listened.

It's not as fun as it sounds.

"It was nice," I comment. "I also found out Samuel fucked her."

"Oh shit," Wesley says, laughing.

"And she fucked Rhys."

"Her best friend!?"

I nod. "They wanted to get their first times over with."

"No wonder Bailey is always jealous," Wesley says.

"Well she shouldn't be," I claim. "Chloe and Rhys had sex before he and bailey were anything."

"Fair point," Wesley says. "For fuck sake!"

"What?" I question, jumping a little.

"I just lost," he grumbles.

"Jesus Wesley I thought you hurt yourself," I sigh, clutching my chest.

"Sorry," he says.

I hear a knock at my bedroom door and then it creaking open. I sit up.

"Hi Wesley," I hear mum says.

"Hey Monica," he says.

"Are you staying for dinner?" She asks.

"If you don't mind," he says.

"We are having roast beef," she says. "Also Jakob, you have an appointment with Doctor Harold on Monday, so you won't be going to school."

"Why do I have to see him?" I ask, scowling.

"Just a checkup," she answers.

I hear the door close and and fall back down onto my back groaning. "What's up?" Wesley asks.

"I hate the doctor," I say.

"Liar," he laughs. "Your disappointed because you don't get to see Chloe on Monday."

I scoff. "No I am not."

"Whatever you say," he chuckles.

Dick

*
Mum and I sit in the waiting room of a doctor Harold. I didn't even know I went to a private doctor.

"Jakob?" I stand up. "Doctor Harold is waiting for you."

"Honey," Mum says, while grabbing my wrist. "Before you go in I should tell you something."

"What?"

"This isn't a check up," she says. "It's a therapy session."

I frown. "Why would I need therapy?"

"Because it's best," she says.

"Mum that's not a reason," I growl.

I hear her sigh. "Chloe told me about the bags under your eyes," she states. "You haven't been sleeping."

"Mum-"

"Baby I need you to do this," she pleads. "For me."

I groan. "Fine."

Mum takes me into his office and sits me down.

"Hello Jakob," I presuming the stupid therapist says. "How are you today?"

"I was fine till this," I mutter.

"Okay," he says. "Why don't you tell me why your mad about it?"

"Because I don't need fucking help," I growl. "I'm only here because of my mum."

"Okay," he says. He's on fucking repeat.

This is going to be a long appointment.