Chapter Eleven

Chloe's POVI was a little disappointed when Jakob didn't turn up to school Monday

Chloe's POV
I was a little disappointed when Jakob didn't turn up to school Monday. But then Wesley told me where he was.

A "doctors" appointment.

I knew about it. I just forgot it was Monday.

When I turned up to his house that afternoon, I was a little nervous.

I hope Monica didn't tell him it was my idea.

I guess I just wanted what was best for him.

I knock on the door and my eyes widen in surprise, when his dad answers the door. I've never actually spoken to his dad.

"Hello Chloe," he says. "How are you?"

"I'm good," I say. "How are you, uh-"

"Toni," he chuckles.

"Right," I laugh a little. "Is Jakob mad at me?"

"I don't know," he answers. "He's locked himself in his room."

"Can I go up?" I ask, hesitantly.

He nods. "Good luck."

He lets me in and I head straight up the stairs to Jakob's bedroom. I gently knock on the door.

Nothing.

"Jakob," I say. "Can I come in?"

I hear a grunt, so I take that as a yes and enter his bedroom.

His bedroom was really plain Jane. I guess his mum must of gotten rid of anything sharp or pointy.

I awkwardly stand by the doorway, waiting for him to say something to me.

He doesn't say anything. Just stares up at his ceiling. Well I guess nothing.

"How was your appointment?" I ask him.

"Fucking shit," he answers.

"Maybe if you just give it a-"

"I don't need fucking help," he snaps. "I'm fucking fine!"

"Your not fine," I growl. "You don't sleep Jakob."

"I'm dealing with it," he growls. "I don't need you or anybody else to help me with it."

"Fine," I snap. "Fucking throw your life away Jakob."

"It's already been taken from me," he snaps. He stands up and goes over to his desk. He grabs the snow globe on it and throws it at the wall.

"No it isn't," i say softly. "You can still do things Jakob."

He scoffs. "Like what?" He asks. "I can't fucking swim anymore, I can hardly walk to my fucking bathroom without hurting myself and I can't reach out to someone without possibly grabbing something that could put me down as a pedophile."

"Jakob-"

"For fuck sake Chloe," he says. "Stop trying to lighten the situation. It's shit and you know it. So if you don't mind, can you fuck off so I can wallow in self pity."

"Fine," I say. "Your situation is shit, but maybe before you think about ruining your life, you think about the others you might be hurting too."

I storm out of his room and out of his house. I get into my car and burst into tears.

This is so fucking shit.

*
"Look who finally decided to sit with us," Ashley says, as I sit across from her the next day.

"You can blâme Bailey for that," I say.

Bailey scowls at me but says nothing. "What made you come back?" Rhys asks me.

"Jakob and I had a fight," I say. "I'm not saying anymore."

"Sorry to hear that," Rhys says.

"Didn't you two just have a date?" Ashley asks. I nod.

Bailey snorts. "You can't even keep the blind ones."

"Bailey," Rhys growls.

"Well at least I don't go for peoples sloppy seconds," I smirk. I give an apologetic look to Rhys. He nods understanding.

Bailey scowls at me, but says nothing again.

She knows what I will do if she does.

Someone taps my shoulder and I look up to see Wesley. "Hey Wes," I say. "What's up?"

"Can we talk privately?" He asks. I nod and follow him out to the courtyard.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Jakob's in hospital," Wesley says.

"What?" I gasp. "Why?"

Wesley bites his bottom lip. "He tried following you when you left, but he misread the steps and fell down them."

I sigh in relief. "Thank god."

"What did you think I was gonna say?" Wesley asks.

"I thought he might of tried to kill himself," I mutter.

"Well he didn't," Wesley says. "Anyway he's got a few broken ribs and a nice arm cast."

"Okay," I say. "I guess I'll see you later."

"Yeah," he says.

We both go our seperate ways.