Chapter Seventeen

Chloe's POVI walk into English and my heart breaks

Chloe's POV
I walk into English and my heart breaks.

There Jakob sat, taking his books out of his bag. He stops for a second before continuing what he was doing.

I sit in front of him and completely ignore him. He wanted space so that's what he was getting.

"Wow you did a number on him," Ashley says.

"Shut up," I hiss.

I turn around and take a good look at him. His hair was a mess, he had stubble and I couldn't see his eyes cause of his sunglasses, but I'm guessing a lot of bags.

Of course I was worried. We technically still were together. Even though we haven't spoken in two weeks, one day and three hours.

It's not like I'm counting though.

"Stop looking at him," Ashley says. "He's obviously doesn't deserve to be looked at."

"For god sake Ashley shut up," I snap. "He didn't do anything!"

"Right so you always turn up to Rhys's house in tears?" She questions.

I look back and see him typing away on his laptop. "No of course not," I reply. "It's complicated Ashley."

"Is he hurting you?" She whispers.

"No," I say. "Look what happens between Jakob and I, is between us and only us."

"Okay gees," she mutters.

Ms Peters walks in and gets the class started.

After class, as I pack up my stuff, I notice that Wes hasn't turned up to pick up Jakob.

That sly devil.

"Do you need help?" I ask him.

He looks up. "Uh I guess."

I help him out and take him to his next class.

I sit him down and awkwardly pat him on the shoulder. "I'll talk to you at lunch?" I question.

He nods. "Yeah."

"Cool," I mumble.

Hell now I'm nervous.

*
I sit on the hill beside Will, nervously waiting for Jakob to arrive.

Why was I nervous? He's my boyfriend I shouldn't be nervous.

"So you and Jakob really haven't had sex?" Will asks.

"No we haven't," I say.

I ignore his other questions and my heart starts to race as Jakob walks alongside Wes.

Okay here are those nerves again.

"Hey everybody," Wes says. "We are now all back together again."

"Cool," Greg says finally pulling away from Rhys enough to speak.

Oh yeah those two are a thing now and blah blah blah.

"Now I need you all to fuck off," Jakob says. "Except Chloe."

"Damn," Will mutters. He and Wesley walk away, while Rhys picks Greg up and takes him somewhere.

"Hey," he says. He sits down and I shuffle closer to him.

"Hi," I say. "How have you been?"

"Shit," he says. "I miss you."

"I miss you too," I admit.

"I'm so sorry Chloe," he says. "I just feel like shit and I don't know what to do any more."

"It's okay," I say. "You don't have to apologise."

"But I do," he insists. "I want to be with you."

"Me too," I answer. "But we can take it slow."

"That's for the best," he says. He bites his bottom lip. "I had a panic attack the other day."

"What?" I gasp and shuffle even closer. "Are you okay?"

"I am now," he says. "Doc has me on Anxiolytics."

"That's why you look like shit," I state.

"Drowsiness is a symptom," he states.

"Why did you have the panic attack?" I ask, grabbing his hand and holding it in mine.

"Well I told doc about the sex situation," he says, awkwardly. "And he said to talk to you about it, which we had did beforehand. Then suddenly all these thoughts of you leaving me came into my mind and suddenly I was having a panic attack."

"You don't need to worry about that," I murmur. "Jakob it takes two to tango."

He chuckles. "Nice phrase."

"I don't want you to have panic attacks over me Jakob," I say softly. "I want you to communicate with me."

"I will," he says. "I promise."

I lean over and kiss him. "Your a good kisser," I murmur against his lips.

He smirks. "I know."

Jakob's back.